Hi folks

I've recently popped an SD card into my S8 and yesterday copied some video files from the device memory onto this.

Now as far as I can recall, I followed the instructions on copying, and did this via My Files, Internal Storage, DCIM, select then Move. When I did this, I encountered a screen I'd not seen before, which had more options than usual for filtering down image types. Usually I'm used to Image and Video, but now I was seeing further categories based on how the capture had occurred, so for images I also had "selective focus" and for video "hyperlapse". This seemed a very useful addition, but today, trying to get back to it, I just can't find it!

Can anyone point me in the right direction please, or did I imagine it?

EDIT: Found it! Gallery>Albums>Search. Simple as that!

This is giving me Type (Burst Shot, Selective focus etc), People, Expressions, Documents, Things/Scenery. A lot of these seem to be applying randomly, but it's letting me filter by type which is what I was looking for
    02-24-2021 09:30 AM
    I have never heard of those things but I always recommend copying files so that if it fails you still have the originals. Once they are copied across to the SD I then delete from the device.
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    02-24-2021 09:42 AM
    Good idea with the copying! I've still got them on the device and the card at the moment, but will probably do as you say. I also keep them on my laptop, and on two different standalone HDD's. Of course, for full backup I should pop them all on the Cloud too...
    02-24-2021 10:03 AM