Hey there guys

I apologise if this has been answered or discussed previously, I haven't been on here in a while and haven't had time to dig around.

Does anyone else find the way the messages app displaying its notifications extremely annoying? Is there a way to change and or modify the way the pop up notifications work? Everytime I get a new text, it pops up at the top of the screen, but if I have any other unread messages, those then re pop up as if they are brand new and just received, thus causing this like cascading extended pop up/persistent notification. I've tried messing around with the notification settings in the app itself with changing the level of importance, but nothing seems to change.

I also like the change to allow notification badges/dots to each app with a new notification.

I remember with android L, each time I would get a new message, it would show the new unread message at the top of the screen, which I liked, and if I still had other unread messages, it would still only show me the one I just received, but it be able to differentiate between the newest texts and the texts that are still unread and not show/pop/cascade/float.

Any thoughts? Pixel XL, beta 2, current version of messages app.
    06-20-2017 12:31 AM
    Anyone??
    06-22-2017 02:39 PM
    I have the same problem... I hope it's fixed in the next beta
    06-26-2017 10:13 PM