Every year or so I decide to try Nova Launcher, Action Launcher, et al. I pretty much always decide they are not worth the trouble and return to the default, but that is another story.

So, I have a Pixel XL running the current Android O beta. I installed Nova Launcher, went through the setup (copied from my Pixel launcher) and set Nova as the default Home app.

But, my home button doesn't work? In order to exit any app, I need to use the back button to return to a home screen. Curiously, if I scroll to home screen two or three, I can use the Home button to get back to the first/primary home screen. But, within any app - even Settings - the Home button is non-functional.

Just me? Or an Android O compatibility issue?
    06-24-2017 07:30 AM
    I'm only on Nougat but I've had Nova in all my devices from S2 through to S8 and all the software version. Never had a single issue. I'd blame Orio (;-))
    06-25-2017 12:24 AM
    I am using Nova launcher on android O and have had no issues. It sounds like you installed Nova after Android O which may have been the problem. I had Nova installed before the update. I know in one of Novas recent updates they added support for Android O.
    06-29-2017 02:03 AM
    I have a Pixel with Android 8.0. I downloaded and installed Nova launcher yesterday. Home button works fine. There is an option to make the home button open the app drawer if you're on the home screen. There is also a setting under Gestures to change the Home Button to something else. Mine is set to "none" which means it just functions as a home button.

I've never used Nova Launcher before and so far I like it. I appreciate the positive comments others have made for the Nova Launcher because it encouraged me to try it.
    badcat likes this.
    09-26-2017 11:44 AM
    I have Nova launcher. I love it. I haven't had any problems with it malfunctioning after installing Oreo. However, I did also have it installed prior to Oreo.
    04-23-2018 10:13 AM
    I have a question to those who are presently using Nova or other custom launchers.

I am presently not using any custom launchers and have a huge issue after the Oreo update, where the unread count flag on an app (be it email or WhatsApp or others) is gone, if I clear all the notifications. I have read somewhere that Nova and some other launchers support that.

Please confirm, so that I can install the launcher and get that count displayed at all times - as I would want to address certain emails or messages at a later time and wouldn't want the related notifications displayed.

Thanks.
    04-26-2018 07:58 PM
    It does support the badge count but you have to get the app "Tesla Unread" to work along with Nova for it to work.
    04-30-2018 07:48 AM
    I do have nova launcher but I don't use it.
    05-02-2018 08:14 AM
    Hello Group,
    Right now I'm using Nova Launcher also but how do I turn it off to use the default without uninstalling N.L ?

Regards, Jake
    05-09-2018 02:54 PM
    Hello Group,
    Right now I'm using Nova Launcher also but how do I turn it off to use the default without uninstalling N.L ?

Regards, Jake
    What phone do you have?
    05-09-2018 04:15 PM
    Hello Group,

Regards, Jake
    I go to Nova Launcher settings and near the bottom is "select default home".
    05-10-2018 02:59 PM