Have had official Android O release for about a week on my Verizon Pixel XL (I did the sign-up with Google to be able to download and install it). Everything seemed to be working fine until today.

Now when I open an app (mostly noticing on games at this point), I can't swipe to get to the Notifications menu, nor can I access the buttons for Back or Home. I'm essentially trapped in the app and can't get out of it unless I reboot. Even doing a soft power off and back on and unlocking, I'm back in the app with no ability to get out.

I can access the notifications on the home screen and, it seems, in Google's own apps, like the Play store. Although the Play store shows I have updates for some apps but is now hanging when trying to update them.

Not sure what happened between yesterday and today. This is totally new. Anyone else seeing anything like this?

EDIT: Also notice that the back button is the only one that does anything. Home doesn't seem to work at all.
    08-30-2017 01:25 PM
    I have a Pixel XL as well, also on the released version of O (having been on the beta previously) and have not noticed this issue.

Does it happen in both landscape and portrait modes?

Have you checked the recent Play Store feedback for the apps that are troublesome? Can you name those apps? Someone might be using them or willing to test...

As for the Play Store hanging, try going to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> App info -> Google Play Store -> Storage -> Clear cache.
    captaintemerity likes this.
    08-30-2017 03:24 PM
    I wound up doing a full reset. Just got everything reloaded.

As I noticed it happening not just in apps but in simple things, and since I couldn't get the app store to install or update, and my notifications stopped coming in, it became overwhelmingly obvious that a reset was my only option.

Hope this isn't a peek into Oreo's future. Since it seems to have just been me so far, I'm expecting it's just a one-off.

Thanks for the advice, N4Newbie!
    08-30-2017 05:48 PM
    I wound up doing a full reset. Just got everything reloaded.

As I noticed it happening not just in apps but in simple things, and since I couldn't get the app store to install or update, and my notifications stopped coming in, it became overwhelmingly obvious that a reset was my only option.

Hope this isn't a peek into Oreo's future. Since it seems to have just been me so far, I'm expecting it's just a one-off.

Thanks for the advice, N4Newbie!
    I wonder - did you previously have Developer Options enabled? It seems there are some that can cause odd problems like this...
    08-31-2017 11:55 AM