I have a Google Pixel XL, and since the day it was available I've always used both the "Double Tap to Wake" and "Lift to Wake" features. With Android 7.1, the ambient screen that came to life always showed both the calendar (which was REALLY nice) but also full notification details like sms snippets or what have you. I could literally pick up my phone, note the date or see what that beep was all about, and put it back down without touching anything. With 8.0, however, it seems that JUST the time is displayed and the app icon for whichever notification. Under Settings > Apps & Notifications > Notifications I've tried setting "On the lock screen" to "Show all notification content" but that seems to only affect the brief seconds when the notification comes in, and not the general ambient screen you see when you pick the phone up or double-tap. Thanks for listening to my long-winded question :-P Any ideas?
    09-07-2017 11:21 AM
    This is been driving me crazy ever since the update. Basically when I double tap the screen the first time it just shows the time. Then I have to double tap the screen again to bring up the screen like how it was before the update. Seems like an unnecessary added step. Haven't found a way to fix it yet.
    09-07-2017 09:19 PM