Why has HTC U11 stopped vibrating since the Oreo upgrade?

NicBen

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi folks, I just updated my U11 to Oreo last night and I have realised that the phone only vibrates when calls are coming in. It doesn't vibrate with any other apps.

I have checked with the apps and vibrate is still turned on.

Can anyone shed some light?

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks, I just updated my U11 to Oreo last night and I have realised that the phone only vibrates when calls are coming in. It doesn't vibrate with any other apps.

Have you tried to wipe the cache partitions?

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
my phone is not having the issue but I'm having battery issues. So I'm probably going to do a factory data reset. or because I've already wiped the chassis partition. so I will do that tonight. and see how it is.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
unfortunate for me after I wipe the check the partitions it did nothing for me. for I was having issues with my battery after the update when I wasn't before on 7.1.1 I even in a factory data reset and that did not work so I think it's something in the 8.0 update and hopefully she says another update to fix it.

noitaloiv

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
Same problem here, just updated today and even though vibration is on nothing causes the phone to vibrate. Edge sense still works but no vibration feedback with it.

Honestly this update is horrible in general and I really hope there's another or a fix out soon. UI seems really jerky and way too fast. Instead of a fade when you lock the phone it's just instant black and it's this way for most things. It's like the UI is running 100x faster than it should and makes everything janky and jarring.

Dallas2904

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
If your phone is in power saving mode it turns off the vibrate feature. You have to turn this off and it will vibrate for text and other notifications

NicBen

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Thanks a million, I just found that it today, so I was about to share... I wish I saw this post from last year... So it's vibrating again

Karen Tien

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site

If u turn off battery saver at the top the vibration will come back

Omar Hashim

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys.

I just created an account in android central to Thank You for letting me know if I "Turn off battery saver" my problem will be solved.

Thanks again. I am enjoying my HTC u11 again.