Oreo 8 hard-bricked my Nexus 6P this week. Soon after updating my otherwise flawlessly operating, 2 1/2 yr old Nexus 6P, the phone crashed yesterday morning while browsing on Google Chrome Beta, which has always performed perfectly with no bad habits. The screen was frozen on, the phone could not be shut down, and had almost 100% charge on a recently (2 weeks) replaced battery which was performing perfectly after the service shop put it in. Absolutely no indication of any kind of weirdness prior to this event, it hit out of nowhere for no apparent reason. The phone is now a dead, useless 128GB brick. I returned to the shop which serviced the battery, all diagnostic attempts to resuscitate the Nexus failed. They tested the battery in another phone, worked perfectly. There is no chassis or screen damage, power and volume buttons all worked fine before it bricked itself. Anyone interested in it for teardown/parts, etc? I've already given up on it and ordered an Essential PH-1 as its replacement. Same size 128GB and similar specs to the Pixel 2 XL for $499. I'm done with the Nexus line solely for the reason of a phone that can't handle a software crash without destroying itself in the process. Complete BS, a horribly expensive time-bomb mistake.
    aspergerian likes this.
    12-19-2017 06:00 PM
    What exactly is happening that is seems as though it unrecoverable?

Google posts the factory images online, they can be downloaded and (presumably) installed on a bare device so as long as you get SOME kind of boot it should be recoverable.
    12-19-2017 07:16 PM
    How much do you want for it? My 32gb nexus 6p has had the oreo beta since it was available, and I've not had a problem.
    12-30-2017 08:03 PM