How do I change the account default from Google to my MS Exchange account when creating a contact?

I use AkrutoSync to sync my calendar and contacts between Outlook 2013 on my Win10 PC to my Note 8 and it uses the MS Exchange account to sync.

If I create either a contact or calendar entry in Outlook within seconds I see both on my phone
    If I create a calendar entry on the phone within seconds I see it in Outlook
    if I created a contact on the phone I did NOT see it in Outlook
    As I explored the issue I discovered that when I create a calendar entry on the Phone it defaults to the MS Exchange account whereas when I create a contact on the phone it defaults to the Google account. When creating a contact on the phone I can use the dropdown and select the MS Exchange account but I would much prefer to have it default to this account. Suggestions???

Following is what I did to resolve the issue.
    OK I resolved the issue, not sure if the steps below are totally correct but...

First I deleted the Google account
    I was presented with options to select the default account, I selected the MS Exchange account
    Attempted to create a new contact, in the top left corner of the form for the contact I could see that it was defaulting to the MS account as I needed.
    Completed the action to create a new contact
    Confirmed that the contact was synced to Outlook (it was)
    Recreated the Google account
    Created another new contact, confirmed that the MS account was still the default.
    Confirmed that the contact was synced to Outlook (it was)
    03-06-2018 07:58 PM