I would like help for oreo, I downloaded it, and nothing works the way it's supposed to.
    05-13-2018 10:18 AM
    Downloaded how?
    05-13-2018 11:34 AM
    Possibly the same poster that hasn't responded to either attempt to help previously?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...help-oreo.html
    05-13-2018 11:58 AM
    Hi, sorry about the double posts. I was sent of notification for a software update, it was for Oreo. I completed the update. Since then my icon badges don't work for Fb, messenger, text messaging or phone, no alert tones for either messaging or missed calls. Notifications don't show on the lock screen or pulldown home screen. I reset all app preferences, cleared the caches. I have security monitoring software on my phone which does not allow me to do a factory reset. Is there a way to uninstall Oreo or get these apps to work right?
    05-14-2018 11:04 AM
    Welcome.

Uninstall Oreo? Not without effectively resetting the device.

For the notification badges, have a peek at this thread - https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...galaxy-s8.html

As for missed calls, what alert tone are you speaking of? I'm not sure I've experienced a distinct tone when I missed a call, except for the ringtone ending...
    05-14-2018 01:07 PM
    Welcome.

Uninstall Oreo? Not without effectively resetting the device.

For the notification badges, have a peek at this thread - https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...galaxy-s8.html

As for missed calls, what alert tone are you speaking of? I'm not sure I've experienced a distinct tone when I missed a call, except for the ringtone ending...
    Oh sorry, no alert for missed calls, just the counter, and my phone goes to sleep when I'm on a call, I have to hit the power button to go back to my call screen.
    05-14-2018 02:45 PM
    My phone also goes to sleep while I'm on a call, either because the set amount of time passed or because I moved it near my face. Are you expecting the display to remain on for the entire call?
    05-14-2018 08:19 PM
    My phone also goes to sleep while I'm on a call, either because the set amount of time passed or because I moved it near nd it's not near my facemy face. Are you expecting the display to remain on for the entire call?
    It did before the update, and it's not near my face. My suggestion is fix the bugs and quit looking to blame how people are using the phone. My phone worked great before the update, nothing but problems.
    05-14-2018 08:59 PM
    What would it take to have a feature that would repopulate your screen with the same apps as you had without having to download all the crap after a reset. There has to be a better way.
    05-16-2018 07:38 PM
    I'm using an LG G6 with the Google Now Launcher and I'm having problems too with the notification badges not working. Right now other than looking different there's nothing special about Oreo.
    05-25-2018 12:35 AM
    Figured it out. The badges don't work with Google now. Also there's an issue with the Gmail app where if you dismiss an email from the shade, you loose the notification in the app. No way to tell how many emails you have in your social folder for example. Also the phone has crashed every day since the update, I have to force reset every time.
    05-27-2018 11:37 AM
    Also there's an issue with the Gmail app where if you dismiss an email from the shade, you loose the notification in the app
    Not really an "issue" as it's the way it's designed by Google. This is how my Pixel 2 XL works with the Pixel Launcher. Keep in mind - Oreo is the first version of Android where this capability was built into the OS and not added by a manufacturer.
    05-27-2018 12:50 PM
    Not really an "issue" as it's the way it's designed by Google. This is how my Pixel 2 XL works with the Pixel Launcher. Keep in mind - Oreo is the first version of Android where this capability was built into the OS and not added by a manufacturer.
    This was happening to me for a few months before Oreo after an update to Gmail. Any idea how to turn it off?
    05-27-2018 12:54 PM