so i downloded the orea on my samsung A3 this morning and now everytime i swipe away my messages wether it is text watsapp snapchat facebook messanger i get no orange ikon!! how will i no i have messages unless i enter the app which i just dont have time to do - what is the point of having a phone if you dont no you have a notification it all seems pointless, and yes ive searched links and made sure all the blue buttons are flicked along in settings but my badges still arnt apearing pleas please help or i will have to get a new phone
    06-28-2018 09:15 AM
    What you are experiencing is the Google implementation of icon badges. It seems Samsung chose to go with this rather than reinvent the wheel. Unless Google changes something in the next version or Samsung chooses to re-write the Samsung Experience to use its own implementation of badges this is the way it will be.

I'm sorry that you feel the way you do about the implementation of this feature.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-28-2018 10:50 AM
    well i never no i have messages unless i go in the app and being notified of messages is important? if not i do not see the point in having a phone?? - when might the next version or update be? ive seen alot pf people compaling about this, there is no logic, i mean if you get a text or email or anything surely you would want to know it was there?
    06-29-2018 06:58 AM
    Well, Samsung could update the Samsung Experience (the launcher) with its own badges implementation. Otherwise, it'll be whenever Google decides to make the change (if a change is made) and then Samsung decides to release that change to the device (IF that device is slated by Samsung for that OS change).
    06-29-2018 08:00 AM
    can i put a complaint into samsung - only bought my phone last year 300 quid and now i hate it and dont even want it all because of there stupid update!
    07-02-2018 06:41 AM
    You can try to contact Samsung...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=8mGYf53U

OR you can give Google feedback....

https://www.google.com/tools/feedback/intl/en/
    07-02-2018 08:37 AM