07-12-2018 04:34 PM
52 123
tools
    TY - it worked!
    07-10-2018 03:25 PM
    I have an LG G7 ThinQ that is just over a week old. Earlier today I started getting the error message "android.process.acore keeps stopping" whenever I try to open the phone app, and frequently when just sitting on the home screen. I have read several things online about how to fix this issue and have tried them all, up to doing a complete factory reset on the phone and reinstalling everything. I restarted in safe mode to rule out an app causing it, and got the error right away.

I'm going to do ANOTHER factory reset and install a bare minimum of stuff to make the phone usable. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
    Same here - the exact same error. Started today (7/10/2018) on my LG V30. I installed the MyMerrill app today but don't know if that is related to this problem. I uninstalled the app but I continue to get the error.
    07-10-2018 03:30 PM
    Disabling Verizon Cloud worked on my LG V30 to stop those errors.

Lots of users are saying they did the following:
    1. Uninstalled updates to Verizon Cloud
    2. Uninstalled Verizon Cloud

I didn't know either of the above were possible on an unrooted phone. Can someone who said either of those things explain and describe how to do it?

Thanks.
    07-10-2018 03:42 PM
    I have an LG G7 ThinQ that is just over a week old. Earlier today I started getting the error message "android.process.acore keeps stopping" whenever I try to open the phone app, and frequently when just sitting on the home screen....
    Like you, my recently acquired LG G7 ThinQ began exhibiting these same issues today and, like you, I was growing exasperated in trying to find a true solution.

It is definitely the Verizon Cloud app, at least its most recent iteration. Uninstalling this app cleared the error and allowed me to regain use of my phone.

I also have a recently acquired Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and it receives the same apps and updates as my phone; it is not, however, a Verizon model and thus did not receive the VC app or its update.

C'mon, Verizon: you can do better than louse up your customers' days.
    07-10-2018 03:50 PM
    Uninstalling "Verizon cloud" from the play store worked for me, but was not listed in my installed apps directory.
    I still have the "cloud" app from Verizon. All is working fine now. LG GUYS ThinQ
    07-10-2018 04:03 PM
    Disbaling Cloud fixed it for me as well. It's been an irritating couple of days
    07-10-2018 04:34 PM
    Oh wow, had the same problem with V30 starting this morning (downloaded a few apps), but thanks to your suggestion to uninstall VZW Cloud it passed! Thanks enormously, my work day is saved!
    I disabled the Verizon Cloud and that seemed to do the trick. I was going into my second day of hard resetting and then having to let the phone download all the apps, settings app arrangements and the whole routine. I was getting ready to call Tech Support and/or make a trip to the VZW store. I was so heated. Thanks so much for this piece if info.
    07-10-2018 04:50 PM
    Great forum. My LG V30 started doing this, this morning. Just came across the VZ cloud solution after trying everything else, and this is what worked for me.

Thank you guys.
    07-10-2018 05:32 PM
    Thanks! Disabling the Verizon Cloud (which I hadn't even set up on this phone) solved the problem on my LG G6!
    07-10-2018 05:49 PM
    Have the LG G6, same issue today. Kind of a novice at this, but searched and tried about 5 different things. None worked, and i couldn't make calls...errr. Did a factory reset, and finally had everything working. Two hours later it came back. Starting searching again and found this site. I immediately uninstalled Verizon Cloud in the play store and it worked. Thanks everyone!!! Now I need another way to back up my contacts.
    07-10-2018 09:59 PM
    Worked great!! You all rock!!
    Rdellinger you can use Google to back up your contacts!
    07-11-2018 01:40 AM
    Worked perfectly after a factory reset on my new Lg G6 still got the error this morning when I turned on the phone.....Uninstalled Verizon Cloud and everything is fine now....Great job finding out what was giving the error.....
    07-11-2018 05:12 AM
    Thanks
    07-11-2018 06:04 AM
    Definitely Verizon cloud on my LG G6. Thanks to those who recommended disabling it, that fixed the issue. It was getting worse by the minute!
    07-11-2018 06:57 AM
    Definitely Verizon cloud on my LG G6. Thanks to those who recommended disabling it, that fixed the issue. It was getting worse by the minute!
    THANK YOU. yep that fixed the problem. So do we have to leave the cloud disabled? I actually used it. although I guess I can make a hard backup of my contacts
    07-11-2018 08:39 AM
    Same message, outgoing calls and texting functions all stopped working on my brand new LG7 Thin Q starting around 4Pm July 9th 2018. After 3 days of trying everything posted on other sites. I tried today deleting Verizon Cloud. Worked fine after restarting the phone. Verizon needs to get their Act together. I use the phone for everything work related and lost three days of getting anything done just trying to fix this issue. Thanks for the fix I'm back in business.

App was Pre-installed on the Device

From the Home screen, tap Apps.
    From the Apps tab, tap Settings Settings icon.
    From the Device section, tap Application Manager (Apps, App Manager).
    From the Downloaded section, tap Cloud.
    Tap Force stop then tap Disable.
    Tap Clear data.

Note If asked to "Uninstall Updates" or "Disable" while troubleshooting the Cloud app, you must re-download or re-enable the app.
    07-11-2018 08:56 AM
    TY - it worked!
    Started getting the same error message yesterday randomly. Only app that kept crashing was contacts. Could call any favorites on my home screen, or text using Hangouts and the Verizon Messaging app, but couldn't get Contacts app open.

Stopping and Disabling Verizon Cloud did the trick! Don't clear your Contacts data, don't factory reset, or anything else that requires a restore. Long hold on the app to bring up the menu for it, then force stop, disable, clear data and cache, remove permissions, etc. Do everything to turn it off. Error=gone
    07-11-2018 10:03 AM
    I disabled the Verizon Cloud and the problem stopped immediately.
    07-11-2018 11:00 AM
    Now if someone could just fix the last two problems I have since upgrading.....Google backup keeps saying waiting for backup and Fox news app not receiving news bulletins with or without sound...Problem exists on LG G6 and New Samsung S9+.....nagging problems
    07-11-2018 12:37 PM
    Same problem, and uninstalling Verizon Cloud fixed it for me. Damn bloatware. Time to switch providers.
    07-11-2018 03:54 PM
    LG G6, started this morning. I couldn't uninstall the Verizon Cloud app since it was part of Verizon's bloatware. Rolling it back to the default installed version did work however. Great forum, and thanks to those folks that posted the correct solution earlier.
    caroline scott likes this.
    07-11-2018 04:06 PM
    I have an LG G7 ThinQ that is just over a week old. Earlier today I started getting the error message "android.process.acore keeps stopping" whenever I try to open the phone app, and frequently when just sitting on the home screen. I have read several things online about how to fix this issue and have tried them all, up to doing a complete factory reset on the phone and reinstalling everything. I restarted in safe mode to rule out an app causing it, and got the error right away.

I'm going to do ANOTHER factory reset and install a bare minimum of stuff to make the phone usable. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
    07-11-2018 05:35 PM
    I'm having the same issue I also have an LG G7 ThinQ and this message started popping up yesterday around the same time my Verizon Go Wireless app was updating. I've disabled the app I've uninstalled the app and yet nothing, I have figured out how to make a call, open up your contacts latest text message and hit the phone icon at the top you won't be able to call straight from your contacts though.
    07-11-2018 05:40 PM
    Just uninstalled the cloud update and it worked, thanks for the tip that was driving me nuts.
    07-11-2018 05:43 PM
    DISABLE VERIZON CLOUD! That works. Wow, thanks beautiful geniuses.
    07-11-2018 09:27 PM
52 123