Temporarlity disable lockscreen?

Jack White

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I have a Moto G6 Play. When I disabled my lock screen, then re-enabled it, I had to enter my PIN again, and re-calibrate my fingerprint. Is there a better way to temporarily disable the lock screen without having to setup the lock again when enabled?

Edit: This forum software doesn't seem to have a way to edit the title to fix the typo. Crazy.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
There is just on/off. You can change the timeout value.

What is the problem you are trying to solve where you think disabling the lock screen is a solution?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The way to disable the lock screen is through developer options. There is a way to keep the screen on as long as the device is charging.

Please see the following article. https://www.androidcentral.com/all-about-your-phones-developer-options
4584936fd74dbfcacf1e3478e78f1015.jpg

Jack White

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
There's no problem. Sometimes I just don't want to have to keep unlocking it every time I pick it up. Doesn't seem unusual.
Also I don't want to have to be charging it to do so (also doesn't seem unusual). Is there no way to do this (without charging) without having to reenter the PIN and fingerprint every time you enable it again?

Riemsesy

Jun 29, 2018
Visit site
Don't know if your phone has also the option to define 'trusted places' like my Samsung. I don't have to enter my pin or use fingerprint at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo