Phone slowed down?

Markocerce

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Not sure why but since the update to 8.0, my phone works slower. I'm on Huawei p10 pro, and I even factory reset the phone shortly before doing this update with the intention to get flawless performance. Performance optimisation got to 95% before, post update I haven't seen it go above 81%. What could be causing this?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Why would you go straight to a factory reset with all that entails without first taking 2 minutes to follow the algorithm and clear the cache partition? That's alot of potentially wasted time.
Usually it's better to factory reset after the updates.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I see you are a new user here - welcome to Android Central! I too recommend clearing the cache and then restarting your phone. See if the issue still persists in Safe Mode.

Keep us posted on what happens!

Markocerce

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, first time I hear of clear the cache partition. Will do it, as soon as I get the power button fixed as it's currently not working so I can't access that menu at the moment. Thanks for the advice.

Markocerce

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Ok, cleared the cache partition now and the result is the same. Still doesn't go above 80%.

Any other ideas?

Edit: Strange, just went through the phones performance optimisation where it scans for viruses and after it found 0 and finished the process, performance showed 98%. I'll update on this tomorrow when I see if apps like Instagram or Line still respond as slow as they have last couple of weeks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20