I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 on Verizon with Android 8.0.0 and Samsung 9.0. After this update I found OK Google turned on all the time. Previously I used OK google only within the Google App, and Google Maps App. Now I either have it all the time, or not at all.

If I start the Google App and say "OK Google" it sends me to train google to recognize my voice. Then it works. Going into Settings, Google Settings, "Search, Assistant and Voice", Voice, Voice Match; then turning Access With Voice Match off, Unlock with Voice Match off, While Driving On works within google maps.

This also disables OK Google within Google App. Previously I could enable OK Google within the Google App too. Thereby turning OK Google off unless I started the app up.

After changing the settings, the next time I start the app I am prompted to train OK Google AGAIN, then agree, and Android overwrites all my settings and enable itself all the time.

I have not tried dialing through my GM auto yet. But I suspect voice dialing is not going to work unless I enable OK Google ALL THE TIME. Which I would never do. Which means my smart phone is useless.

Another update causing me to spend time to fix my phone. Just another reason Android is turning me off.
    11-15-2018 08:07 AM