Will I have all features on my s8 if I haven't updated in the last 2years

The BoyChan6

Apr 10, 2019
Visit site
I've got an s8 but hasn't been able to get software updates cause I'm in a different location from the initial country it's made for. So I'm still running on android 7.0... I've decided to update it manually using Odin or something. Will my lack of past update releases affect the look on the update I install (Android Oreo)? .For example the Navigation bar update that allows users to make it disappear when using apps. I didn't get that update so will I get it when I install Oreo?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unless it's a carrier-locked phone, it shouldn't matter if you're not in the original location to receive updates (provided there IS an update released for that particular model and region). You can try SmartSwitch on a computer if you don't see that OTA.

In any case, installing an update manually, regardless of the version you're currently on, will overwrite the old OS and and re-write it with whatever features and options are included with the update. This includes also removing features that were in previous versions, so check that out as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12