Phone settings got messed up for no reason!

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
My phone, as most of you probably know, is a CAT S41 running Android 8.0. Yesterday I woke up, turned my phone on, and was SHOCKED to see that a few things had changed themselves. First off, haptic feedback on GBoard had stopped working even when enabled. Next, the display time out was set back to 30sec (I had it on 30min), the warning for closing your port covers was disabled, power saving was enabled, etc... for no good reason. So I reboot my phone and weirdly enough the time changes from 24 hour to 12 hour forcing me to re-enable 24-hour time. After putting everything back, I eventually managed to fix the GBoard issue (cleared data and uninstalled updates and then reinstalled). Also, long pressing icons in Lean Launcher doesn't cause a short vibration anymore.

At first I suspected I might have malware, so I updated the database on my security app (Kaspersky) and scanned all the installed apps. It came back clean... I did a reboot and everything was fine...

Fast forward to this morning and my haptic feedback quit working AGAIN! Nothing else changed thank God, but I am annoyed about the haptic feedback. Not sure if formatting my cache partition will help. Factory reset is NOT and option (I did that last year and I don't have the time to do that again...). I honestly suspect it might be a bug with the latest update my phone got because my WiFi tethering has been a bit fussy (reported that to CAT). Any help with my above problems would be highly appreciated.