I've noticed that lately my Moto G5 Play has been super sluggish. Annoyingly so. The other night I had to turn on Battery Saver, and suddenly it was super responsive and speedy again.

What I want to know is what did battery save do exactly, and how can I replicate it so I can have a speedy phone again while not needing battery Saver on? I already disabled background data usage for most apps, but is there a way to stop most apps from even running at all? Or is disabling background data usage basically the same thing?
    07-10-2019 09:54 PM
    You can go to Settings and see what has been using your power. You can now dl GSM battery app for in depth stats. Good luck
    07-10-2019 10:08 PM
    Download Gsam or accubattery from playstore that will give you a more detailed information about your Battery
    07-11-2019 09:40 PM
    I'm not as concerned with battery usage but more the CPU usage and what battery Saver did to make the phone faster, and how to do that manually so that the phone is always fast.
    07-12-2019 09:36 AM
    I'm not as concerned with battery usage but more the CPU usage and what battery Saver did to make the phone faster, and how to do that manually so that the phone is always fast.
    It likely didn't speed up the processor. It sounds like it stopped an app/process that was eating up processor power in the background. The above suggestions would help figure out what that was.
    07-12-2019 10:44 AM
    It likely didn't speed up the processor. It sounds like it stopped an app/process that was eating up processor power in the background. The above suggestions would help figure out what that was.
    Okay, thanks. How do you stop apps from running in the background on Android?
    07-12-2019 01:20 PM
    As an end user, you have little control over apps running in the background. However, the "battery saver" is one option.

The problem here is not that the app is running in the background, but that the app is misbehaving. Normally this is fixed by finding the app and uninstalling it. Sending an email to the developer can also be helpful.
    kct1975 likes this.
    07-12-2019 05:24 PM