Ulefone Armor 6 Android 8.1.0 screen often freezes, only locking&unlocking fixes it...

FrugoFruit90

Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Description of the problem:
1) Often my screen would stop responding to my commands (regardless of the app, though I think the more open apps I have, the more likely this is to happen). The phone itself doesn't stop working, e.g. I am still being called, or can hear the music from Spotify. Only way to fix this is to lock and unlock the phone, sometimes this only helps for a few seconds and I have to repeat the operation. Restarting the device does not seem to change anything.

2) (perhaps related to 1) I can't install my wireless update! I get the message, that the udpate has been downloaded, but when I click "Install now" nothing happens for a few seconds, then the udpate window simply closes. Ironically, the update desciption says: "Release date: 2019-03-29, 1. Optimized touch insensitive problem" ;)

Any idea for a fix that is not factory reset?
Best

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The update is probably what you need.

But have you ever thought of just closing apps you aren't using, instead of leaving them all running in the background - since that seems to make the problem worse?

Or turning the phone off for a few minutes, then turning it on and, before doing anything else, trying to update it?

(One problem with an uncommon phone, and Ulephone isn't that common, is that there's not a lot of information about it.)

FrugoFruit90

Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for taking the time to respond @Rukbat!
Having many apps on does make it worse, but the problem happens sometimes even with all apps turned off (like in the experiment below, I actually had to lock&unlock the phone immediately after turning it on).
I tried turning it off for 10 minutes and going straight for the update button after turning it on, but to no avail :(
I guess the next step is to contact the producer's support?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How often does the freezing happen? If it's pretty frequently, then see if it happens in Safe Mode. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

FrugoFruit90

Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
Thanks @B. Diddy that was an excellent counsel! It is less frequent but still persisting in safe mode, so I guess I have to try the factory reset and send it back to the producer if this does not help...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have either of you tried Safe Mode as previously suggested, to see if the problem still occurs?

JacobK1

Mar 3, 2020
Visit site
I have a Ulefone armour 6e with Android 9 and have the same issue although fairly intermittent. I tried it out on safe mode for a while and didn't have any issues however that could be because it is so intermittent and there are so few apps to use in safe mode so not sure. Haven't tried un-installing apps yet however overall I'm not too happy with the software on this phone so far, hardware it's awesome; strong waterproof and big battery. I'm thinking about trying to install a new clean OS or rooting my phone to tweak it the way I like but not too sure on how to do that exactly (need to read more, that's how I did it to my laptop haha) what do you guys think about doing that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae