Com. Apps

bossb1986

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
What are apps that start with com.quicinc.CNEService.CNEServiceApp are these apps that came on my phone originally or did someone else put them in there? Why can I not uninstall disable or force stop any of them? There are several apps installed on my LG phone that start with Com. I did not install them so I was wondering are they part of my LG phone setup or have I been hacked or compromised. I'm having all the warning signs of my device being hacked so I was wondering could this be the problem. My LG phone is losing battery power fast and all of these apps starting with com. Are using a lot of data constantly.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What are apps that start with com.quicinc.CNEService.CNEServiceApp are these apps that came on my phone originally or did someone else put them in there? Why can I not uninstall disable or force stop any of them? There are several apps installed on my LG phone that start with Com. I did not install them so I was wondering are they part of my LG phone setup or have I been hacked or compromised. I'm having all the warning signs of my device being hacked so I was wondering could this be the problem. My LG phone is losing battery power fast and all of these apps starting with com. Are using a lot of data constantly.
Hi, welcome to the AC forums! Thanks for registering.

Can you post a screenshot of these apps ?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The "com." you are seeing is just short for Commercial. This is the exact same as the ".com" at the end of all the web addresses you are used to seeing in the web browsers.

com.quicinc.CNEService.CNEServiceApp

com. -- commercial company
quicinc. -- Quic Inc.
CNEService. -- CNE Service app suite
CNEServiceApp -- app in the suite

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Apps that start with "com." are mostly system apps, so that's why you can't uninstall them. It's extremely unlikely that you've been hacked -- what signs are you talking about?

I found this about the particular system app you mentioned: https://androidforums.com/threads/what-is-com-quicinc-cne-cneservice.1001495/

There are many reasons for battery drain that are not sinister -- it'd help to see your battery stats. Which LG phone do you have? Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12