Do I need anti virus?

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I would have one since virus apps do get passed google. Also not all apps are bad when downloading from third party site, its the site and not the app most of the time.
I have downloaded hundreds of apps and never had anything happen.
I download more apps from unknown sources than from the play store.
However I do pay for some apps on the play store even those could be malware.
Just use something but I could personally recommend this.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=de.security.mobile&token=wrY31_4A
Small app size with no permissions, it also only updates the virus database through the play store.
This app gives good information on the apps you download and is made in Germany.
You know they always make good stuff.
Plus its the easiest to set up, just set and forget, no hard to use antivirus to get used to.

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I dont and never use one... Android user since 2010 and never catched virus.. 1) always download your stuff from google play 2) if you're going to download it from other sources scan it first at virustotal.com that's it and you'll be safe.

Sent from my phone with tapatalk

Roni96

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I've heard that you can get virus even from the Google play but I guess I'm wrong? Or what I've heard is that Google doesn't check the apps and games in the Google play the same way as Apple and Microsoft do.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've heard that you can get virus even from the Google play but I guess I'm wrong? Or what I've heard is that Google doesn't check the apps and games in the Google play the same way as Apple and Microsoft do.

You are not wrong, you can get a virus from the play store an they don't check as good as apple or Microsoft.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I dont and never use one... Android user since 2010 and never catched virus.. 1) always download your stuff from google play 2) if you're going to download it from other sources scan it first at virustotal.com that's it and you'll be safe.

So don't have a an antivirus but scan them with virustotal? Might as well have the antivirus on your phone at all times man.

Roni96

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
You are not wrong, you can get a virus from the play store an they don't check as good as apple or Microsoft.
Ok thanks for telling me
So don't have a an antivirus but scan them with virustotal? Might as well have the antivirus on your phone at all times man.

Yeah I think I'll get one just in case. I don't think I'll download anything "bad"/apps that have viruses in them but I'll still protect my phone because you never know.

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I dont download apks from internet everyday not even every month... Why waste my battery and ram?

To those who said u can have virus from playstore please give me one link to the virus at playstore RIGHT NOW or stop talking BS.

Thank you.

Kianski

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I use lookout and disconnect. Lookout has a load of features, so it's definitely worthwhile getting, especially for free! Disconnect stops 'malvertising', which I thought why not?

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
There is no absolute security in any device connected to the internet in any way.. However not all but many infestations are caused by the user not paying attention to what he/she is installing. Even a Linux desktop can get infected in one way or another even though there are no virus/malware in the wild specific to Linux.
You should only download trusted apps etc to insure you don't get hit.
If you feel you need protection I would suggest Lookout and pay for the pro version..

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I have felt it was a hastle when I had my phone installed with an Antivirus especially because every time I had a new download it would do the scan - checking. I also some some heat problems - (not sure if exactly related to the installation of the AV) which maybe the cause.

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have all my computing devices protected with a popular software program which backs up my computers in a cloud. I did this in response to the virus which locks your computer until you pay a ransom. F them. These programs probably are reactive to viruses so if we are unlucky and get caught up in a new virus we are probably screwed.

With that said you are more likely to catch a virus via a email link you open so be careful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08