Android used to be a nice simpe OS. Now more and more stuff I don't want is being auto installed, to the point I've had to switch off auto update. It seems every crackpot utility is now part of the OS and I can't remove it. Google Play Music being a perfect example.

All this junk is filling up my phone storage, using my phone CPU and memory, network bandwith, and getting in the way of already working apps.

Is there a way to remove these non system system apps?

There is no so much c**p that unless I can clear the clutter my next phone won't run Android.
    04-13-2015 05:12 AM
    Apps like Google Play Music can't be uninstalled but they can be disabled. To do that go to settings - apps - swipe to the "all" tab and find the app. Tap on it and select disable. You'll have to confirm a couple of scary questions about uninstall updates and such. Don't worry, you can always enable it back.

Just make sure you don't disable processes that your phone really needs and leave untouched Play store and PS Services. It's safe to disable apps like Music, books, Google +, games, etc.
    Apps like Google Play Music can't be uninstalled but they can be disabled. To do that go to settings - apps - swipe to the "all" tab and find the app. Tap on it and select disable. You'll have to confirm a couple of scary questions about uninstall updates and such. Don't worry, you can always enable it back.

Just make sure you don't disable processes that your phone really needs and leave untouched Play store and PS Services. It's safe to disable apps like Music, books, Google +, games, etc.
    04-13-2015 05:39 AM