Need help building an app

larrimo

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been browsing through here for some time and decided to make an account to get some help, as my topic didn't pop out in any searching.

Basically, I'm looking to replicate images on buttons using App Inventor. (I AM in the right section right?).

It is going to be a basic app that has 3 or 4 buttons across the top of the screen in a horizontal layout, and a table below (lets say 5x5 grid) with images.

Lets call the buttons A, B, C and Reset

Pushing Button A brings up a grid of images (or image buttons) to pick from, and once the image button is picked, the very same image is to be replicated on Button A. (This is where I'm stuck). Programming the Reset button is easy enough, but I'm stuck at getting the button from the grid to the upper buttons in the horizontal bar.

Any help would be appreciated.

larrimo

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I finally worked through this with a stack of nested IF-ELSE blocks. It's not pretty, but its functional. Below is a screenshot of the block stack if anyone is interested. As a side note, someone on another forum suggested I use a global variable to implement this, but I'm not too familiar with those just yet, so the more tedious job will have to be done.

ZcfXk.jpg

betsillds

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Theres a new simple app creator that lets you build apps directly from your phone or tablet. Its called GeyserAppCreatorV1.2 available on Slideme. Its not bad at all. Helped me to make some simple apps that I wanted.