I can not get my Moto Droid to connect to ADB and the Block Editor for App Inventor. I am running FRG22 and I am rooted don't know if that is the issue or not. I have installed the Win7 64bit drivers straight from Moto and yes I do have a 64bit system. I uninstalled both MOTODEV and Droid Explorer and I do have the whole Android SDK installed along with all the recent updates to that, Python 2.7 is also installed.
    In Device Manager it shows the Droid is connected (Android Phone-Android ADB Interface) Yet when I open a cmd prompt window and run ADB I get this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb reboot
    * daemon not running. starting it now *
    * daemon started successfully *
    error: device not found

C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk-windows\tools>

I do have USB Debug Mode on along with USB Mass Storage turned off from the Droid.

So what do I need to get this bad boy connected?
    Thanks in advance and if you need any more info let me know I'll gladly provide what I can
    08-22-2010 12:29 PM
    1. Maybe see if Unknown Sources is checked under the Applications settings. (it should be)
    2. The Android SDK is irrelevant to AppInventor.
    3. Check under Settings>Applications>Development and see if Stay Awake is checked. (it should be)

Sometimes, it just takes forever for Block Editor to load.
    08-22-2010 02:20 PM
    Or just pound your keyboard and tell it to go **** itself numerous times.
    rwilliams268 likes this.
    08-22-2010 02:27 PM
    I get an error with Block Editor saying I don't have a device connected so that's why I was going thru the steps and troubleshooting.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    08-22-2010 03:34 PM
    Sounds like a driver issue, and not a blocks editor issue. Before App Inventor will ever work, you have to be able to use adb.

I would uninstall any driver you have, make sure your sdk is up to date, and use the driver from \android-sdk\usb_driver.

Wish I could be of more help, but I'm not the guy to help troubleshoot Windows drivers
    rwilliams268 likes this.
    08-22-2010 03:49 PM
    Ok guys I got it thanks to a friend of mine. Here's what you need to do if you encounter this issue

1. Make sure you have the Android SDK and Moto drivers installed and up-to-date

2. In Device Manager you will see Android Phone - Android ADB Interface

3. You need to click on Android ADB Interface then right click Properties

4. Open the Driver Tab

5. Click on the Uninstall (Advanced)

6. When you do the uninstall option you need to choose delete drivers and then don't connect to the internet.

7. It will now say ADB Interface - Moto Composite ADB Interface

Now you can use ADB with your Droid
    08-22-2010 11:06 PM
    Ok guys I got it thanks to a friend of mine. Here's what you need to do if you encounter this issue

1. Make sure you have the Android SDK and Moto drivers installed and up-to-date

2. In Device Manager you will see Android Phone - Android ADB Interface

3. You need to click on Android ADB Interface then right click Properties

4. Open the Driver Tab

5. Click on the Uninstall (Advanced)

6. When you do the uninstall option you need to choose delete drivers and then don't connect to the internet.

7. It will now say ADB Interface - Moto Composite ADB Interface

Now you can use ADB with your Droid
    FYI that is all laid out in the tutorial " connect your pc and phone to app inventor"
    08-23-2010 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD