03-29-2016 12:51 AM
29 12
    Definitely suggest the Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development, it is complete, VERY well written, AND constantly updated.

Also having a Macbook isn't bad for development, it's great!!! I use Android Studio on my Macbook pro. I can also create iOS apps and do web server development inside the built-in Mac Terminal easily. So Macbooks are the way to go.
    01-30-2016 02:37 PM
    I started by participating Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) Object Oriented Programming with Java, parts 1 & 2, organized by Helsinki University. Then I installed Android Studio to my laptop, paid 35$ to Google and started to develop my firts Android application called "Event Costs Splitter". It took me approximately one year from first theory session to app release. It is a long time for small project, although I did coding mainly while my most important "project" was having her nap. And yes, your firt app will be donwload only five times as pointed out earlier. And yes, my ultimate goal to get my money back from Google is still very faraway. Still I think it was time well spend. In fact, I have two new ideas on my head already.

Your question was how to make money with your app? I believe it depends how your app will be used. If you app is really usefull, but really needed, sell license. If it is "allways on top", use adds. If it is addictive, use subscription. If it makes users life easier, collect fees.

Try to answer also these questions. How much money you have spend on apps? Why? What annoys you on apps? Why? Who has money on the pocket and is willing to use it? On what?

Conclusion: Go for it! If you don't try, you don't have chance to succeed. You will hear sentence "Ain't that kind of app already exists?" many times, don't let it stop you.
    losyur likes this.
    03-14-2016 04:52 PM
    well id say you should really not be getting into apps just to be an over night sucsess, you should be into coding apps because you want to make that app you dont have or that app you could of made better than the one you are using, plus wanting to do it without learning code is going to get you a very bad app that will be limited in its use to what ever ready made code you can find, so thnk of a useful app that would want to be used by many then learn to program with android studio, or if you have a little money get game maker studio, thats pretty good one my friends use as its easy luanguge to learn, dont use there drag and drop stuff though as that is rubbish, you would need to learn there GML.
    03-18-2016 10:46 AM
    There are plenty of Android tutorials and videos available which will help you to bootstrap your coding. coding is the easiest part in any app development. The next part is how are you going to execute and promote the app to acquire userbase and retain the user base for constant engagement. you need to have a game plan for this.
    03-29-2016 12:51 AM
29 12