New to this app and wondering if anyone could help me with this. I've been searching for days but haven't found any apps that purport to do what I want. I'd like an app that is just a button shortcut to clear out notifications, similar to hellostatusbar, but that performs the action of hitting the clear button when pulling the status bar down. Could someone maybe point me in the right direction for how to go about programming functions into a button?

Alternatively, please let me know if you are aware of an app that's already out there which either 1) has a shortcut to clear notifications or 2) will automatically clear notifications after a set amount of time.

Thanks for any response. Sorry, I'm a newbie at this.
    12-15-2010 06:32 PM
    Yea this would be a pretty great app. Any thoughts on if this is possible with app inventor? Or already exists?
    12-31-2010 06:11 PM
    To program what you're looking for would actually be very simple with AI. You would just need to setup the app to run the activity starter when the screen initializes and pass the intent to clear the notifications.

The bad news is that it doesn't look like the activity starter can handle this intent, which is android.intent.action.NOTIFICATION_REMOVE.

I tried and it does not work. I'm not aware of any apps that currently do this, but I imagine there must be something out there.

App Inventor Info Center
    01-07-2011 01:03 AM