How to monitor your app in first few days?

hzainab

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

We have launched an android app yesterday. Google Play is not showing downloads as for now and I came to know that it will show number of downloads after 2-3 days.

I am curious that, in such case, how can I benchmark our app's performance? We have received 30 ratings so far. Are they a good start? Is there any benchmark or tool to determine if our app is going fine or not?

I tried to do Google Search but was unable to find any answer which can give this information.

I shall look forward to learn from you in this regard. :)

Best,
Hira

Last edited by a moderator:

hzainab

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Which analytics? Do you mean Google Analytics? Our app is not showing number of downloads till now :( Any idea how many days does Google Play take to start showing downloads? How much ratings and downloads can ensure a good start?

Btw, apart from Google Analytics, is there any free tool to monitor?

Fabio Carry

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I just released an app. I strongly recommend you to use Analytics
You start to see the number of downloads after 10 downloads usually.

Cheers

Gooldy Games

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Which analytics? Do you mean Google Analytics? Our app is not showing number of downloads till now :( Any idea how many days does Google Play take to start showing downloads? How much ratings and downloads can ensure a good start?

Btw, apart from Google Analytics, is there any free tool to monitor?
Well, you should've integrated statistics into the app. I strongly recommend to do it in the next update. Google analytics will show you statistics each 24 hours. Imho, it's not enough for any serious marketing strategy.

abackholm

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
We found integrating with Facebook SDK useful, as you can track the demographics of users easier - Facebook knows sometimes scaringly much about their users.

AMedviediev

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
So far Google analytics seems to be the best tool. Both App Annie and the Google Play built in analytics seem to be quite sluggish on updating stats. Plus, the live monitoring on GA is very convenient, too.

Xavis Projects

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
It's true that google play statistics are poor, i'm thinking in use google statistics in my new app FaceDown Silencer, but i want to mantain a top performance, being a service any overload is affecting the system permanently.

Bruno Aguiar

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Google analytics takes some time to show the download stats, and I have found that the crash reporting is also not very good.

I am currently using fabric (old crashlytics) and I am pretty satisfied, it gives a lot of useful stats and real time tracking (you can actually see how many users are using the app the current moment). As for crash reporting, it even queues them in case you the users does not have internet connection at the moment. I believe this is why I received much more crash reports from fabric than I did from google.

Sengy Mobile

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
From my experiences Google update the statistics in one or two days. I also interested how you promote your app, my games normally just got a few download daily if lucky.

Colonel_Novak

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Like many here already said, 30 reviews in the first few days is really good. I remember that our first game about 4-5 months ago, received about this number, perhaps less, and now it's nearing 50k downloads. Certain gaming forum and later certain Youtuber surely helped a lot to get such numbers.

klapaGames

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Like many here already said, 30 reviews in the first few days is really good. I remember that our first game about 4-5 months ago, received about this number, perhaps less, and now it's nearing 50k downloads. Certain gaming forum and later certain Youtuber surely helped a lot to get such numbers.

Did you have to contact those youtubers? Or did they just found your game?

Siddhant Jha

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
For more spontaneos check on downloads and if user is using app, you can check server requests to know your status immediately.However you will not get the exact stats like google analytics,but you can have an idea about it.