So, we shipped the app and [crickets].

What are the main things we have to do to get some organic downloads going?
    03-23-2015 02:19 PM
    I think you're using the word "organic" differently than anyone else understands it, but ...

If you wrote a great app, send it to a lot of Android bloggers and let them write about it. If you wrote an app you think is great, but all your friends think the world can do without, come up with a better idea.

Something that will do all of Microsoft Office (without infringing on Microsoft patents and copyrights) for free doesn't need more than one mention in one blog to be downloaded a million times. Another Candy Crush game? Yawn. A paid app for which there are already a ton of free ones? You won't get a download. It depends on the app. How would Volkswagen advertize a car that gets 100mpg and costs €1500? They'sd mention it to someone and they couldn't priduce them fast enough. 10mpg and it costs €50000? That's nice, but who cares? It's the same thing with apps. If you have an app that a lot of people (hundreds of thousands) are really going to want, just a few mentions will get it going.
    03-23-2015 04:02 PM
    Hi there,

I'm not sure how the Play Store listings work exactly, but I do know from comments from other devs that it takes a couple of weeks to update or start showing your app in their listings. In that period, even searching for your exact app name won't show any results, so only having the exact link would work.

I'd say have patience, try to advertise your app as much as you can (you can post here if you abide by the dev rules for posting about apps) and try to get people engaged.
    03-23-2015 04:05 PM
    Make sure your app name, short description, and full description hit some keywords. It's like SEO for web pages.
    03-27-2015 10:17 PM
    You need lots of download and rating.
    losyur likes this.
    04-23-2015 09:35 PM
    One thing is for sure, and many here will agree with me: to make your game noticed nowadays, is way harder than to create the game itself...
    04-26-2015 03:42 AM
    WORK HARD.
    05-19-2015 05:52 PM
    yes it's very frustrating those crickets! key words in the description are important for "organic" downloads and of course ratings and reviews. Try to experiment with keywords but dont overdo it. Does the main icon stand out when viewed in the search, is it descriptive?
    06-13-2015 01:26 PM
    One thing is for sure, and many here will agree with me: to make your game noticed nowadays, is way harder than to create the game itself...
    I really hope that's not true, because i have such a hard time making games haha! It seems to be true so far, since I've released two games and one I think should have gotten a lot more popularity than it has.
    06-21-2015 12:36 PM
    Just don't give up, you'll do descent marketing!
    07-10-2015 04:32 AM
    Getting noticed is really the hardest part, there is so much apps out there!

Here is a list of things to do :
    • write a good description with keywords
    • add a video
    • add beautiful screens
    • create a good looking landing page, almost every popular app has one
    • contact bloggers
    • try small adwords campaigns, spend more money if you have a good conversion rate
    • talk about it on reddit
    • etc...
    07-10-2015 07:56 AM
    I am so much worried that I can't see my app even after I search it with name.So it happens to everybody.
    11-12-2015 07:42 PM
    First I couldn't find my app, too! Now, I search it with name, it's on the top.
    Once people download your app and give it a good mark, it goes up in the list!
    11-22-2015 01:53 PM
    One thing that I've noticed in the app stores is that some apps have terrible cluttered logos/icons. When I search for a type of app in an app store, I find my eye is drawn to the clearer simpler logos rather than the ones that have lots of parts to them and too much text.
    12-26-2015 06:03 AM
    One thing that I've noticed in the app stores is that some apps have terrible cluttered logos/icons. When I search for a type of app in an app store, I find my eye is drawn to the clearer simpler logos rather than the ones that have lots of parts to them and too much text.
    Yes, it has to be eye-catcher!
    12-26-2015 01:57 PM
    Read many web site about SEO.
    Watch keyword that match every week, and change them.

At begining, use adword and Social Media if possible.

May be other things to do, for sure.
    01-29-2016 06:22 AM
    How do you set keywords? Developer console allows only title, short and detailed descriptions.
    01-29-2016 11:55 PM
    I would also ask a bunch of friends to share it on social media and post to various social media groups like Facebook, Linkedin, etc. Those have worked well for me to this point.

I tried a few different Facebook ad campaigns and didn't get many conversions out of it. I wouldn't recommend it tbh.
    01-30-2016 02:22 PM
    I would also ask a bunch of friends to share it on social media and post to various social media groups like Facebook, Linkedin, etc. Those have worked well for me to this point.

I tried a few different Facebook ad campaigns and didn't get many conversions out of it. I wouldn't recommend it tbh.
    I had some similiar experience. On Facebook it's worth promoting your app in groups with similiar interests.
    04-05-2016 02:30 PM