WHY do people keep making(copying) other game formats??

Kenna Garcia

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I do not understand why so many people are making the same game in an ever so slightly different manner?? Can anyone shed some light on this?? I know everyone isn't doing it but I see it so often in forums. I know it isn't easy to be original in this saturated environment but people can at least try.
(My credibility) And i did just finish my first game, so I do understand the mechanics of what it takes to make one.

Kenna Garcia

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
ummm, wait, is app inventor a software program?? I thought this forum was about: talk about new apps to invent lol oops! I googled it though, app inventer, didnt really find anything solid as far as programs go. Unless it is the one on the MIT website.

Stuckless

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I just recently read an article on "App Skinning" which is really just about what you asked...ie, taking a game, changing the graphics maybe slightly changing the game play... or in some cases it could be a completely new game. But, I think we can agree that in all cases, the rationale is $$ (or the hope for $$).

Kenna Garcia

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
App skinning haha that's a good term for it. It just doesnt make sense to me though, i can understand wanting to make money but the odds of making it when someone else has already done it and is trending with it are pretty damn low. Honestly, in my opinion anyway, it is a waste of time, money, and resources unless you give it enough of a spin to make it unique which most people also do not do.