How to replace app with dummy version

Mark_Calamus

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi newbie so be gentle with me! ;)

I’m looking for a way to make whatsapp look like it isn’t working. The ideal solution would be to have an app that mimicked the look and feel of WA but didn’t actually work. Alternatively I would like to replace the WA app with a fake app that does nothing. A dummy app that opened a convincing screen saying “cannot connect” or such would be great! This is only a bit of fun really and I don’t want to spend ££££ on this so don’t want to go through a software developing company. Don’t really want to root the phone either.

I did think of looking into corrupting the WA app itself or maybe preventing it from contacting it’s servers but it seems a complex solution.

Anyone have any ideas? Cheers.

UK 3 network. Android OS. HTC Desire EYE.

VilleI

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, but why do you want to do this? Is it for a joke or do you want to sell this app? I do not have a solution for you just interested to know :D

Mark_Calamus

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Hummm ... not intending to sell it, nor distribute it. I want to have the option of what appears to be a genuine installation of WA on my phone but in effect it does not do anything. I have more than one reason to have this but mainly it's to trick someone into thinking my WA doesn't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma