Hi Everyone,

I thought I will share an app I built for my personal use in case someone else finds it useful.

The idea is to automatically send an SMS to a contact that you have assigned when your phone is running low on battery. Currently this is triggered when your android system warns you when your battery is low (around 15% on most phones). I am hoping to be able to customize the trigger percentage in the future (to do this without draining more battery is the challenge).

Since I do not have enough points, I cant post a link or image. Please look for Flat! from entrasticlabs. I would love to hear some feedback.

Thank you

[APP][FREE/PAID] Flat! - Automatic SMS before your phone dies-free_mainpage.jpg[APP][FREE/PAID] Flat! - Automatic SMS before your phone dies-plus_mainpage.jpg[APP][FREE/PAID] Flat! - Automatic SMS before your phone dies-img_2288.jpg
    [APP][FREE/PAID] Flat! - Automatic SMS before your phone dies-flat-feature-graphic.png
    06-14-2016 05:33 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I thought I will share an app I built for my personal use in case someone else finds it useful.

The idea is to automatically send an SMS to a contact that you have assigned when your phone is running low on battery. Currently this is triggered when your android system warns you when your battery is low (around 15% on most phones). I am hoping to be able to customize the trigger percentage in the future (to do this without draining more battery is the challenge).

Since I do not have enough points, I cant post a link or image. Please look for Flat! from entrasticlabs. I would love to hear some feedback.

Thank you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Free_MainPage.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	229998Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plus_MainPage.jpg 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	230000Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2288.jpg 
Size:	153.5 KB 
ID:	229999
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flat!-feature-graphic.png 
Size:	220.7 KB 
ID:	230001
    So, can you assign multiple people to receive the text? I am just seeing a point to installing an app to message one person when your phone hits 15%, because your phone alerts you and if there is someone important you need to let know, you could do so when you're alerted?
    06-14-2016 05:46 AM
    Hey,

I have made a plus version of the app called Flat+ where you have the ability to add multiple contacts and customize the message. But based on the feedback I get, I might open up the basic version to add more people. You can check it out in the playstore.

I am not sure if I completely agree with your reasoning though. What used to happen to me is that either I would see my low power warning too late or I might put off messaging that important someone till its too late. But then again, I am a serial procrastinator.
    06-14-2016 06:48 AM
    That's a really good idea! I think adding multiple contacts is pretty important, especially in a work environment where you would want to contact your co-workers.
    06-21-2016 04:19 PM