Hello everybody,

My first post here. I've made an app which helps you import your SMS messages from Windows Phone to Android. It is called Import SMS from Windows Phone.

It is Free and has no limit for the messages which can be imported. It has no Ads.
    It imports both .vmsg and .msg file formats.. It reads the date format correctly from the .msg file.. If you receive a SMS while you're importing.. you won't lose that SMS. Also, it reads all the diacritics and the emojis.

Simply copy the .vmsg/.msg into your Android device and the app will search for all the backup files. You can select from which numbers you want to import your SMS messages or you can import them all at once.

I really want to help people who want to import their SMS messages. Maybe they can't afford to pay for an app, maybe they don't want to do that. That's irrelevant. It's for everyone. Please try it and tell me what you think.

Import SMS from Windows Phone - Free App-unnamed.png

You can find it on Play Store, on the link below.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ry.smsimporter

Have a nice day!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-12-2017 09:46 AM
    Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for the link! It sounds like a useful app.
    Leonardocezary likes this.
    04-12-2017 03:16 PM
    Hello guys,

I've updated the app to handle invalid .vmsg file exported by Windows Phones. Some of the users reported that couldn't import their messages from that format file. Apparently, there are some situations when the Transfer my Data app from Windows Phone exports the messages in an invalid format. For the moment, the invalid messages are ignored. When I'll gather more files with invalid messages I'll see what I can do about them (maybe correct them and import them as well).

So, update Import SMS from Windows Phone app or download the latest version 1.1, which can be found on Play Store!

Have a nice day!
    06-19-2017 07:32 AM