Android Market Appz vs. Cydia/Jail-Broken iPhone Appz

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I'm pretty new to the world of Hackdroid and etc., but thanks to this awesome website...my LG Optimus S is now rooted, running RebornROM v.2.1 along with Custom Recovery (Xionia Clockwork).

I'm curious, other than the Android Market Place and the Amazon.com Android App Store, does the Hackdroid community have an Appz store (or something like it) for Android-Rooted phones, similar to 'Cydia' for Jail-Broken iPhones?

If not, is there a place devoted to appz/gamez/utilz for rooted android phones?

Thanks!

BJ

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
And this site doesn't allow posting links to warez sites. That's where a lot of pirated, virus/malware-infected software comes from.

That's a quick way to get banned from this site.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Cydia, itself, is not. It's just another app store directory. An alternative to Apple's App Store. Necessary because Apple rejects so many legitimate apps.

You used the terms "appz/gamesz/utilz" (with a "z" at the end). That's common reference to stolen software (which is what it sounded like your real goal was.)

If you're merely looking for software that was rejected from the Google Market or Amazon Market, that's not a good idea. Unlike Apple, apps that don't make it into the "legitimate" markets are usually thrown out because of a blatant security or privacy issue. Not because of some arbitrary "walled garden" rule like in Apple's world. Hence, websites and products like Cydia are unnecessary in the Android world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii