Dolphin Browser

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Browser looks good so anyone wanting pinch to zoom in the browser should be happy I will have to play more but I personally love the double tap.

R

Roy Aguilera

Downloaded. Trying it out. Although I completely agree with you jjenson, having options is nice.
What would be best is if you could have options for either in the default browser.

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
Just tried it out. Multi touch does work, but it is not as clean and polished as the other browser (As would be expect, i know). It is fast, faster then the BB browser for sure, but it was not as fast as the original browser for me.

R

Roy Aguilera

Just tried it out. Multi touch does work, but it is not as clean and polished as the other browser (As would be expect, i know). It is fast, faster then the BB browser for sure, but it was not as fast as the original browser for me.

I felt the same way.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i think it works pretty well, generally pretty quick for me, definitely needs some polish, especially in the UI department, everything looks low res and i don't like that all the icons have no text labels, as clicking on stuff becomes a trial and error session until you memorize what all the icons stand for.

i made it the default browser on mine for now though, i'll give it some time to try it out

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Has potential, like others have said just needs some polishing. I do like the gestures for commands.

Has a lot of potential honestly. I do agree it's not as polished but this is a small developer working on it so props to him. Should be interesting to see where he can take it.

R

Roy Aguilera

Double tap is nice. People always want what they can't have though.

ccoady750#AC

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Pinch zoom is nice fo zoom in on pics, where double tap isn't quite as nice. The only example I can think of is zooming in on pics, since the first double tap zooms in, 2nd zooms back out. Pinch zoom you can zoom in further (well, also good for text boxes and making selections bigger). It's nice to have both options. I'll use both browsers.

zyxwvu44

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Pinch zoom is nice fo zoom in on pics, where double tap isn't quite as nice. The only example I can think of is zooming in on pics, since the first double tap zooms in, 2nd zooms back out. Pinch zoom you can zoom in further (well, also good for text boxes and making selections bigger). It's nice to have both options. I'll use both browsers.

ah, text selection would be much much better on multitouch. thats what i can look forward too! i can see your point on pics, but its still so rarely used for me that its not a huge issue. i think ill try out the browser and see how it works. coming from a blackberry all i used was BOLT.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
ah, text selection would be much much better on multitouch. thats what i can look forward too! i can see your point on pics, but its still so rarely used for me that its not a huge issue. i think ill try out the browser and see how it works. coming from a blackberry all i used was BOLT.

Coming from any BB browser you should extremely happy with any browser on Android. ;)

droid 8172

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Dolphin browser

I just recently installed the dolphin browser and i love it ! one problem though. I want to save pictures from the internet to use as wallpapers and I dont know how.. In the default browser it is a lot easier since all I have to do is long press the picture and voila.. picture saved!! Can anyone show me the step in order to save pics from the dolphin browser? Thanks...