Bug Reports

tommucha

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I think I might have run into something

Running Ringleader Free 1.1 on a Samsung Fascinate that is rooted. Went to modify my facebook app notification from withing the facebook app, and then selected Ringleader, then the notification. Now when I try to activate another profile the app crashes. I think it might have something to do with Facebook being listed twice. I tried to set facebook to not use RingLeader for its notifications, but Facebook still shows up twice in the Ringleader Active Ringtones screen. Any thoughts on cleaning this up - uninstall/reinstall?

Here's a screenshot

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi Tommucha,

Can you try clearing your application data, removing the "RingLeader" directory from your SD card and then rebooting? You'll have to re-associate your ringtones, but this should fix it.

I am planning on releasing an update in the next day or two that should fix this. This update also has alot of new features as well... More volume controls, vibrate controls, and also multiple rintone support for apps (like Gmail, Alarms, Contacts, etc.).

Hope this helps!

tommucha

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi Tommucha,

Can you try clearing your application data, removing the "RingLeader" directory from your SD card and then rebooting? You'll have to re-associate your ringtones, but this should fix it.

I am planning on releasing an update in the next day or two that should fix this. This update also has alot of new features as well... More volume controls, vibrate controls, and also multiple rintone support for apps (like Gmail, Alarms, Contacts, etc.).

Hope this helps!

I upgraded to 1.2 before I tried this. I would press and hold on the duplicate item, select "Remove Ringtone Association", and would then get a force close. The only way around it is following your steps above. After I reassociated all my notifications, I now have a duplicate for "Phone Default Notification". If I try to remove that association I get a force close. I'll do an uninstall, clear out the files, and do a reinstall and see how things go.

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to 1.2 before I tried this. I would press and hold on the duplicate item, select "Remove Ringtone Association", and would then get a force close. The only way around it is following your steps above. After I reassociated all my notifications, I now have a duplicate for "Phone Default Notification". If I try to remove that association I get a force close. I'll do an uninstall, clear out the files, and do a reinstall and see how things go.

I'm thinking there could have been some left-over artifacts from 1.1 which you were having an issue with initially. Try uninstalling, clearing out the files, and then rebooting and let me know if that gets you up and running.

Thanks!

tommucha

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking there could have been some left-over artifacts from 1.1 which you were having an issue with initially. Try uninstalling, clearing out the files, and then rebooting and let me know if that gets you up and running.

Thanks!

Sorry - must have missed this message! Everything is working great after the reinstall and the new features in 1.2 let me to purchase the pro version. Great job and keep up the good work!

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry - must have missed this message! Everything is working great after the reinstall and the new features in 1.2 let me to purchase the pro version. Great job and keep up the good work!

Awesome! Glad everything is working and thank you for purchasing the Pro version! :)

FromBBtoDroid

Aug 3, 2010
statecollegefood.blogspot.com
I uninstalled ringleader, removed folder from sd card and rebooted and my vibrate still will not work. I am not currently using ringleader. The vibration does work only for phone calls. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled ringleader, removed folder from sd card and rebooted and my vibrate still will not work. I am not currently using ringleader. The vibration does work only for phone calls. Any ideas?

What version of Ringleader are you using (Free or Pro)? The extended volume / vibrate controls are only available in the Pro version.

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I had pro and uninstalled it, not out of any problems with it. Now without either version installed I do not get vibration with handcent, trillian, or gmail.

You may have to go into your sound settings for your phone and set it up to vibrate again. If you changed your vibration settings in Ringleader, it is the same as changing them through your normal sound settings menu.

ttyrell

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting a force close error whenever I switch profiles. It only happens after I reboot my phone by removing the battery. The only way to stop the error is to "clear data". This causes me to have to recreate all me profiles which is very annoying. I have version 1.2 installed. It was not an upgrade from a previous version. My phone is a droid incredible with OS version 2.2. Please help.

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting a force close error whenever I switch profiles. It only happens after I reboot my phone by removing the battery. The only way to stop the error is to "clear data". This causes me to have to recreate all me profiles which is very annoying. I have version 1.2 installed. It was not an upgrade from a previous version. My phone is a droid incredible with OS version 2.2. Please help.

I just released another update (Version 1.2.2). Can you download this update from the Market and see if this resolves your issue? Make sure to run the updated version of Ringleader before your reboot and let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks!

-Andy

ttyrell

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I installed version 1.2.2 . I made sure I was running the latest version. I removed the battery from my phone. When the phone came backup I tried switching profiles again in Ringleader and got the same force close error. I did notice however that the last active profile works correctly. I just can't switch to a different profile. I also noted that if i save the active profile and overwrite an existing profile then I am able to switch to that newly save profile without an error.

ttyrell

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I installed version 1.2.2 . I made sure I was running the latest version. I removed the battery from my phone. When the phone came backup I tried switching profiles again in Ringleader and got the same force close error. I did notice however that the last active profile works correctly. I just can't switch to a different profile. I also noted that if i save the active profile and overwrite an existing profile then I am able to switch to that newly save profile without an error.
Disregard the end of my last post. I just tried switching profiles again and I get a force close no matter what profile I choose.

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Disregard the end of my last post. I just tried switching profiles again and I get a force close no matter what profile I choose.

Can you try clearing your application data as well as deleting the RingLeader folder on your SD card one more time? It sounds like your profiles may be pointing to a mediastore item that doesn't exist anymore and I'm hoping that a combination of the 1.2.2 release as well as clearing the application data will resolve this for you. Let me know if this works. If it does, I will add some logic around switching profiles to handle things better than giving a nasty force-close.

ttyrell

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Can you try clearing your application data as well as deleting the RingLeader folder on your SD card one more time? It sounds like your profiles may be pointing to a mediastore item that doesn't exist anymore and I'm hoping that a combination of the 1.2.2 release as well as clearing the application data will resolve this for you. Let me know if this works. If it does, I will add some logic around switching profiles to handle things better than giving a nasty force-close.

That sorta helped. I cleared the data and deleted the ringleader folder from the SD card. I then created 3 new profiles. I rebooted my phone. After the phone came back up I was able to switch to only two of the three profiles I created. I got a force close error on the third profile.
In addition I can no longer edit any rigntone associations from within ringleader. I get an error stating the ringtone association for this item has broken. Once I get that error I can no longer switch to that profile. I get a force close error.

sfd4

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Ringleader like Blackberry

I want to use this on an HTC smartphone. I am coming from a Blackberry and loved how you can set different profiles for example, night, work etc and have phone ring when called but have each email account vibrate differently and text do similiar. Will this app do that

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang