11-11-2010 01:23 PM
69 123
tools
    Just over 3g or wifi?
    I've done both, and it seems pretty good to me.
    10-18-2010 08:08 AM
    Has anyone had any network connection issues with Tango? I tried to show it to a friend who has an EVO as well. We were sitting next to each other, and we both had strong signals, but it kept saying that the network connection was not adequate. Anyone else encounter this?

I have used it before with other people, and never had this happen. Just curious if it is a one time issue.
    10-18-2010 09:05 AM
    2 phones right on top of each other both trying to use bandwidth intensive applications *can* interfere with each other and actually greatly increase your ping which could disrupt your video chatting. Try putting a little bit of space between you two and try again.
    drjb74 likes this.
    10-18-2010 09:51 AM
    dl'ed--installed--

video chat with a Captivate (back camera) and it was actually pretty good quality. minimal lag, adequate sound quality.
    glad they finally fixed the battery drain (supposedly fixed)

uninstalled after realizing no one i knew had a front-facing camera, ha
    10-18-2010 09:57 AM
    2 phones right on top of each other both trying to use bandwidth intensive applications *can* interfere with each other and actually greatly increase your ping which could disrupt your video chatting. Try putting a little bit of space between you two and try again.
    I've noticed that as well. When I tried calling my wife's phone, it wouldn't work and I was frustrated...but then when I called from farther away, it worked like a charm.
    10-18-2010 10:51 AM
    Bujin - thanks for the tip. I will try that.
    10-18-2010 11:03 AM
    i cant get any contacts to show up. i have my wifes hero with tango on it, and neither my evo or her hero show any contacts

any ideas?
    10-18-2010 08:49 PM
    i cant get any contacts to show up. i have my wifes hero with tango on it, and neither my evo or her hero show any contacts

any ideas?
    Here are some steps that may help you directly from Tango's help forums: (Taken from Tango.me)

Check the following to resolve this matter.

1. Contacts may need to be refreshed. For iPhone, exit and open the app. For Android, from Tango Contacts tab, tap the handset's menu button and tap Refresh contacts.
    2. Country code must be correct. From Setting tab, tap on Profile, tap on Country Code to ensure you choose your Country. Tap Save button.
    3. Friends must register to be seen from your Tango Contacts. Check with your friends that they have registered successfully.
    4. You and your partner may need to validate your account to be visible to partners. For iPhone, go to your SMS messages, and tap on the Tango validation link. For Android, you do not have to do anything after the SMS arrives.
    5. Verify that your friend's phone number appears correctly from your handset's contact list.
    6. Uninstall and reinstall Tango. Be sure to validate the SMS link for iPhone.
    10-18-2010 09:43 PM
    Is it just me but I can't call out on 3G only on wifi, but I cant recieve calls while on 3G
    10-18-2010 09:52 PM
    Just a side note: Official tango page has a message that the servers are temporarily down. They posted this about 1 hour ago.

http://feedback.tango.me/tango/topic...ly_unavailable
    10-18-2010 10:02 PM
    I just installed Tango and so far it looks ok, all my contacts show up in both email and sms invite. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, didn't think I should wake the wife up to see how it works...lol.
    10-18-2010 11:32 PM
    Silly question, but do you know if Tango requires 4G, or 3G phones are fine?
    11-07-2010 03:57 PM
    Silly question, but do you know if Tango requires 4G, or 3G phones are fine?
    its recommended to use 4g or wifi, but you can also use it on 3G if you have good speeds, all depends on location
    11-07-2010 04:00 PM
    I recently tried to download Tango on 2 different occasion. Both times it gave me a virus. I downloaded the app, clicked on it when it was done being downloaded, and immediately after that, my phone started turning on and off. I had to completely reboot my phone, and lost all apps and progress I had already made to it. I wish there was a way to find out when these viruses happened. I dont think I can ever trust Tango again.
    11-10-2010 03:46 PM
    Tango just came out with a new update that deals with EVO rebooting issues. Give it a try,

BTW, I use Tango all the time on 3G and it works really well. I have been communicating with my friend on his iPhone 4 all the way in Brazil as I go about my daily errands. Not only can we see and hear each other fine, but were not spending any minutes doing it which is awesome.
    11-10-2010 08:07 PM
    How do I know I am downloading the update? Do I just download Tango again? I am really nervous to try it again.
    11-10-2010 09:00 PM
    If it's in the market, a virus is not the issue. But to put your mind at ease, try "Lookout", it's free and scans all apps, in addition to providing backup. "Lookout" is more for folks who download off-market apps, as I doubt Google doesn't check apps before going live in their market.

Either way, I was frustrated with Qik...always froze, disconnected and you could barely hear the other person...not pleased. Also the contacts and calling people on QIK was always buggy. I would buzz a friend and he never received any indication of incoming calls, even when hand typing his QIK username.

Tango has worked perfectly so far and the video / audio is significantly clearer. I tried calls with a friend (who also has an Evo) on WiFi, 4G and 3G. Obviously the WiFi is going to be the clearest and most stable option. No hiccups, perfectly clear and does look a lot like FaceTime.

4G was also fine, you could see a slight difference in video, but nothing distracting.

3G was more of a challenge. Calls mostly stayed connected, but there would be pauses in the audio and video and you see a little more pixelation during movement. 3G would work if you needed it, but I would always default to 4G or WiFi if available / best experience.

One thing that was weird, I am assuming specifically on the EVO, is that if both of you put the phone down in landscape / on the kickstand, one of you is upside down in the video. Hopefully they read the forums and fix this.
    11-10-2010 09:57 PM
    I have the new version of htc evo which was crashing does the new update fix this can anyone confirm it?
    11-11-2010 12:20 AM
    Guess I'll give it a go. Just picked up a new iPod touch for the wife. She's all into the Skype thing for the laptop so she might get a kick out of this.
    11-11-2010 01:23 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD