Tango Video Chat

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Its out now for iOS and Android. Haven't tried it with anyone but people at xda love it and say the quality is better than Qik or Fring. Has some kinks but I'm sure they will get addressed in updates.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Its out now for iOS and Android. Haven't tried it with anyone but people at xda love it and say the quality is better than Qik or Fring. Has some kinks but I'm sure they will get addressed in updates.

Oooh, I'm going to try it! Wish there was a plug-in to get PC to phone video chat, but oh well. Qik was compressed and choppy images, and Fring was just crappy after they stopped using Skype.

90Awdsm

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Installed it, Video Chatted with a buddy on Iphone4 and quality was awesome!

Only downfall with the app is that it never kills. Awake time is 100% which forced me to uninstall until a newer version or update is applied.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Only downfall with the app is that it never kills. Awake time is 100% which forced me to uninstall until a newer version or update is applied.

I tried two separate video chats with people and while it worked well, I have several issues with the program.

1. Also popped up randomly on my phone, never slept and no clear way to EXIT the program.
2. The options are a little spare - it would be nice if there were headset or bluetooth capability.
3. Ultimately I uninstalled it and will wait for an update or announcement.
4. If there were a PC-to-phone video app this would be fabulous.

90Awdsm

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
:)

I tested and tested because i really liked the app and quality of Video Calls, But unfortunately nothing else can be done. it even boots itself up on a reboot.

I'm waiting for the Dev to update it with an Exit option or something. Great App

alvarezjpr

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It would be good if you report the problem you are having with Tango on their website. In the help section there is a forum where you can report the bugs. Apparently the video on this app is better than Fring. So if they get the bugs fixed soon I will try it.

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
It would be good if you report the problem you are having with Tango on their website. In the help section there is a forum where you can report the bugs. Apparently the video on this app is better than Fring. So if they get the bugs fixed soon I will try it.

i've already emailed the developer and he knows about the bugs, they should have an update by either later tonight or this weekend so it should all be good

R1_Rydah

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing its like qik, and has to be running to receive calls... That's cool with me... I just couldn't take the pop-ups...

I'm running the updated version now, & no pop-ups so far

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing its like qik, and has to be running to receive calls... That's cool with me... I just couldn't take the pop-ups...

I'm running the updated version now, & no pop-ups so far

yes it runs exactly like qik, in the background, so when someone calls you, you will receive it. and it runs alike like facetime where when u call, its only audio then you have to tap on the "tango" button to switch to video/audio, ive tried it on 3g and its great quality, i bet in wifi its even better

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Tango appears to be a much better implementation of video chat (cross platform no less) than Qik and Fring. Easier to register, easier to use, more reliable, better video quality. All around superior to the alternatives. I'm anxious to see what happens, however, when more and more start using it. I'm expecting quality and reliability to drop. Hope not. Good stuff so far.