11-11-2010 01:23 PM
69 123
tools
    Its out now for iOS and Android. Haven't tried it with anyone but people at xda love it and say the quality is better than Qik or Fring. Has some kinks but I'm sure they will get addressed in updates.
    10-01-2010 01:00 PM
    i used it with a buddy of mine who has the iphone4. It looks just like Facetime. It works very well
    10-01-2010 01:25 PM
    Its out now for iOS and Android. Haven't tried it with anyone but people at xda love it and say the quality is better than Qik or Fring. Has some kinks but I'm sure they will get addressed in updates.
    Oooh, I'm going to try it! Wish there was a plug-in to get PC to phone video chat, but oh well. Qik was compressed and choppy images, and Fring was just crappy after they stopped using Skype.
    10-01-2010 01:28 PM
    theres times that you're not using tango and when u go to another app it pops up when u try and go to ur home screen
    10-01-2010 01:32 PM
    Yeah I have notice it open up randomly.
    10-01-2010 04:26 PM
    Installed it, Video Chatted with a buddy on Iphone4 and quality was awesome!

Only downfall with the app is that it never kills. Awake time is 100% which forced me to uninstall until a newer version or update is applied.
    10-01-2010 04:29 PM
    Only downfall with the app is that it never kills. Awake time is 100% which forced me to uninstall until a newer version or update is applied.
    I tried two separate video chats with people and while it worked well, I have several issues with the program.

1. Also popped up randomly on my phone, never slept and no clear way to EXIT the program.
    2. The options are a little spare - it would be nice if there were headset or bluetooth capability.
    3. Ultimately I uninstalled it and will wait for an update or announcement.
    4. If there were a PC-to-phone video app this would be fabulous.
    10-01-2010 05:32 PM
    You can download it in the market or goto Tango
    10-01-2010 05:44 PM
    theres a way to kill the app, you can force close it after you're done using it but its a hassle
    10-01-2010 07:48 PM
    ^
    That doesnt work. It will still open itself up.
    10-01-2010 08:07 PM
    ^
    That doesnt work. It will still open itself up.
    i think you're right bc i have massive battery drain even though i "force close" it so ima just uninstall it till the dev fixes it
    10-01-2010 08:13 PM

I tested and tested because i really liked the app and quality of Video Calls, But unfortunately nothing else can be done. it even boots itself up on a reboot.

I'm waiting for the Dev to update it with an Exit option or something. Great App
    10-01-2010 09:01 PM
    It would be good if you report the problem you are having with Tango on their website. In the help section there is a forum where you can report the bugs. Apparently the video on this app is better than Fring. So if they get the bugs fixed soon I will try it.
    10-01-2010 09:37 PM
    It would be good if you report the problem you are having with Tango on their website. In the help section there is a forum where you can report the bugs. Apparently the video on this app is better than Fring. So if they get the bugs fixed soon I will try it.
    i've already emailed the developer and he knows about the bugs, they should have an update by either later tonight or this weekend so it should all be good
    10-02-2010 12:25 AM
    the update should be out already, lets hope the problems are fixed
    10-02-2010 07:19 AM
    update for Tango, there still should be an exit app option. or is this similar like qik which always run in the background
    10-02-2010 10:17 AM
    I'm guessing its like qik, and has to be running to receive calls... That's cool with me... I just couldn't take the pop-ups...

I'm running the updated version now, & no pop-ups so far
    10-02-2010 12:05 PM
    I'm guessing its like qik, and has to be running to receive calls... That's cool with me... I just couldn't take the pop-ups...

I'm running the updated version now, & no pop-ups so far
    yes it runs exactly like qik, in the background, so when someone calls you, you will receive it. and it runs alike like facetime where when u call, its only audio then you have to tap on the "tango" button to switch to video/audio, ive tried it on 3g and its great quality, i bet in wifi its even better
    10-02-2010 01:23 PM
    There is a Phone to PC Video Call app called iMovicha. I have it installed on my Mac, PC, and my Evo. Works well enough until Fring or Qik get their act together and release either a Desktop App or implement Skype integration.
    Movicha or to download for the EVO...
    http://www.movicha.com/android/iMovicha.apk
    10-02-2010 01:24 PM
    Tango appears to be a much better implementation of video chat (cross platform no less) than Qik and Fring. Easier to register, easier to use, more reliable, better video quality. All around superior to the alternatives. I'm anxious to see what happens, however, when more and more start using it. I'm expecting quality and reliability to drop. Hope not. Good stuff so far.
    10-02-2010 02:37 PM
    Tango appears to be a much better implementation of video chat (cross platform no less) than Qik and Fring. Easier to register, easier to use, more reliable, better video quality. All around superior to the alternatives. I'm anxious to see what happens, however, when more and more start using it. I'm expecting quality and reliability to drop. Hope not. Good stuff so far.
    Downloaded the updated Tango, and other than automatically loading any contacts who happen to have loaded it (instead of me 'friending' them) when I tried to make a call, it kept saying 'could not access network'.

Hmph...
    10-02-2010 07:07 PM
    tango is finally working as expected, before they had network issues, but not its working flawlessly, i was able to video chat with 2 iphone 4 users and amazing quality
    10-03-2010 01:02 AM
    i downloaded tango and it works well, then the next day i had to charge 3 times. I looked at spare parts and it said that tango used most of it... any suggestions?
    10-03-2010 01:40 AM
    Wait for a new update... Reason i'm staying away from this one. Don't need anymore battery drainage.
    10-03-2010 03:00 AM
    I cant even get the app to view my contacts that have it installed. Weird.
    10-03-2010 01:02 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD