WhoIsIt is a ringtone / notification manager, profile manager, and more!

Features:

* Setup different ringtones and vibration patterns for Gmail, SMS, MMS, Google Talk, Google Voice, and K-9 for each contact
    * Announce (speak) incoming caller, Gmail, and SMS/MMS sender
    * Gmail account-based ringtones
    * Define different volume/vibration profiles
    * Setup contact-specific vibration patterns
    * Profile scheduling
    * Assign VIP contacts for phone calls, Gmail, SMS and MMS
    * Allow VIPs to ring if phone is on Silent
    * Two Profile Widgets (Select / Toggle)
    * Facebook Integration. Option to update status upon profile change (manual or automatic)
    * Block unknown callers
    * Unknown caller ringtone
    * Unknown caller vibration pattern
    * Tasker and Locale plug-in for profile switching

In addition to providing great customization to your contact ringtones, vibrations, etc, WhoIsIt also provides features similar to AudioManager and other profile applications.

WhoIsIt
    by AppsByAndy
    500 downloads, 75 ratings (4.5 avg)
    $1.99

Screenshots:

12-19-2010 11:08 AM
    Is there a tutorial video anywhere for general instructions on using Whoisit?
    02-08-2011 09:01 AM
    Great app. It took me a while to get most all of it figured out to set tones for each contact. The main problem I am having is for people that call or text that are not in my contacts on the phone.

I have two profiles: one for normal with normal volume tones and vibrating enabled and customized tones for some callers and one for vibrate where all ringer settings are disabled (or are supposed to be). When I change to the VIBRATE profile every works ok except for the ones that call or text that are not on my contacts list. It rings and vibrates. The only other other I have found is to block unknown callers, but I do have people that call me from time to time that arent in my contacts list (vendors, etc) and I cant miss these calls.

I am running the latest version of WhoIsIt on a Samsung Mesmorize from USCC that was purchased this past Sunday. I'm still new to teh Android world, but this has me stumped. Any ideas?
    02-08-2011 10:50 PM
    Disregard my last. I think I have it figured out, but I dont know exatly how I did it. Still a great app for 1.99
    02-08-2011 10:57 PM
    Disregard my last. I think I have it figured out, but I dont know exatly how I did it. Still a great app for 1.99
    Glad you got it! Feel free to post here or email me if you run into any issues.
    02-10-2011 11:20 AM
    I have my phone set to silence and I setup one person as a VIP. I also have it set to ring even if it is on silence for a VIP. When I call from that number it does the vibrate but does not ring or announce the call. What am I doing wrong? Is there documentation for setting this up? Thanks in advance.

I still can not get it to work. Can anyone help?
    02-12-2011 10:10 AM
    Is there anywhere I can find documents on setting everything up?
    02-14-2011 03:36 PM
    I also don't get any notifications since I installed it. If I go and try to edit the notification ringer I get a 'force close'

Also in the 'profile' section the check mark is greyed out. How do I fix this?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    02-16-2011 08:09 PM
    LOVE THE APP! But I am having an issue that is killing me. Here are the details.

I bought 2.3 about 15 min ago had been testing an old beta prior.
    Uninstalled beta and did fresh install of 2.3 from market.

Trying to set a unique ringtone for SMS, MMS, and email notifications from my stock account at Etrade.

The messages are coming into my default SMS box and I have made a contact using the sender address which is SmartAlerts-DoNotReply@etrade.com.

I then assigned unique ringtones for all types of incoming messages from this sender for SMS MMS Gmail and phone.

For some reason these messages are coming in as Unknown and getting the default unknown notification sounds.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, maybe I made the contact wrong? I am not sure where to start troubleshooting the issue. Any help would be most welcomed. Giving 5 stars even if I can not figure it out LOL. Still an amazing app and great price.
    02-18-2011 12:19 PM
    Hi,

I am brand new to Droid (..and to forums, so please forgive me if I perform a forum faux pas)!

I just got my new phone, an R2D2 last night after 2 years w/ a BB Curve. I am now finding out that the droid does not have the built in notification settings like I used on the BB. I did some research and the Whoisit application seemed to be the closest thing to accomplishing what I need, however, I am lost on how to set it up. I understand that I need to turn off the individual settings for each application (ie SMS), but I am still kind of lost on what I need to do in the complete Whoisit set up.

So, following is an explanation of the settings I need & the questions I can't find the answers to.

1) I need a phone only option for night. I do not have a landline and would like to make sure calls come through. I cannot restrict to just those in my contact lists because I get support calls from any number of phone numbers not in my contact list. So, basically all phone calls should come through and only phone calls.
    2) I need vibrate only for while at work during the day (I think I have this covered, but am listing it here so you understand the full requirements).
    3) Certain times of the month I am on call and if a job abends, I get sent a text. This text comes through from my own cell #. I only want to be notified of these SMS texts and no others. I think I have this covered by setting the VIP settings on my own contact info, but again am listing this anyway.

Questions -
    1) Do I have to go into every contact in my contact list and configure something? Or I only need to edit a specific contact if I want it to (a) make a different noise or (b) assign it VIP status so it overrides current settings?
    2) What is the point of the profiles tab? I don't even know what I am supposed to do here to ask any intelligent questions. Can I get some examples? How do you delete a profile?
    3) What is the point of the Schedule tab? I imagine this is a stupid question, but my point is how do these all relate? I could really use some step-by-step instructions.

If I can't get this figured within my trial period of my phone, I'll have to return it and go back to BB!! But I don't really want to do that! I happen to be on call this week, probably not the best time to switch, but I ended up having to turn off all sounds last night because I don't think I have everything configured that I should.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    02-18-2011 12:35 PM
    Hi,

I am brand new to Droid (..and to forums, so please forgive me if I perform a forum faux pas)!

I just got my new phone, an R2D2 last night after 2 years w/ a BB Curve. I am now finding out that the droid does not have the built in notification settings like I used on the BB. I did some research and the Whoisit application seemed to be the closest thing to accomplishing what I need, however, I am lost on how to set it up. I understand that I need to turn off the individual settings for each application (ie SMS), but I am still kind of lost on what I need to do in the complete Whoisit set up.

So, following is an explanation of the settings I need & the questions I can't find the answers to.

1) I need a phone only option for night. I do not have a landline and would like to make sure calls come through. I cannot restrict to just those in my contact lists because I get support calls from any number of phone numbers not in my contact list. So, basically all phone calls should come through and only phone calls.
    2) I need vibrate only for while at work during the day (I think I have this covered, but am listing it here so you understand the full requirements).
    3) Certain times of the month I am on call and if a job abends, I get sent a text. This text comes through from my own cell #. I only want to be notified of these SMS texts and no others. I think I have this covered by setting the VIP settings on my own contact info, but again am listing this anyway.

Questions -
    1) Do I have to go into every contact in my contact list and configure something? Or I only need to edit a specific contact if I want it to (a) make a different noise or (b) assign it VIP status so it overrides current settings?
    2) What is the point of the profiles tab? I don't even know what I am supposed to do here to ask any intelligent questions. Can I get some examples? How do you delete a profile?
    3) What is the point of the Schedule tab? I imagine this is a stupid question, but my point is how do these all relate? I could really use some step-by-step instructions.

If I can't get this figured within my trial period of my phone, I'll have to return it and go back to BB!! But I don't really want to do that! I happen to be on call this week, probably not the best time to switch, but I ended up having to turn off all sounds last night because I don't think I have everything configured that I should.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    I second this post. I can't seem to get it all correct and it works sometimes and not others. I manual would be nice or even create some common profiles that are built into the app. Just a thought.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    02-20-2011 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD