Feedback

schmeerdawg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Whoisit

Bought the app from the android market a few hours ago. Looks very promising, but am having an issue. When I try to set a ringtone for the default ringer, I get the list of all my ringtones including the ones I added, but when I try to set one for a specific person, I only get the pre-loaded ringtones, not the others. Not sure if is something I'm doing wrong or not. Thank you for any ideas or suggestions.

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Bought the app from the android market a few hours ago. Looks very promising, but am having an issue. When I try to set a ringtone for the default ringer, I get the list of all my ringtones including the ones I added, but when I try to set one for a specific person, I only get the pre-loaded ringtones, not the others. Not sure if is something I'm doing wrong or not. Thank you for any ideas or suggestions.

Hi, I just looked into this and I'm not able to reproduce that issue on my end. The ringtone list should be the same for both default ringtones and contact ringtones. Have you tried using Rings Extended? It's a free download from the Market. It's basically a better ringtone picker than the default Android ringtone picker. I use this on my phone for selecting ringtones. It's a free download from the Market.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

-Andy

janis

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
phone keeps ringing after call is declined

I have to make something from WhoIsIt active on the screen to get the ringing to stop.

Call Comes in, it rings.
I use the slider to decline it, call is declined.
Phone app window closes.
Phone keeps ringing.
I open WhoIsIt profile list from Widget, phone stops ringing. OR
I open WhoIsIt main app, e.g. from app drawer, phone stops ringing.

I have the silent ring fix enabled, since I was getting no ring/silent ring prior to the 9 Jan update.

Samsung/Tmobile Vibrant running Onyx 4.2

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I have to make something from WhoIsIt active on the screen to get the ringing to stop.

Call Comes in, it rings.
I use the slider to decline it, call is declined.
Phone app window closes.
Phone keeps ringing.
I open WhoIsIt profile list from Widget, phone stops ringing. OR
I open WhoIsIt main app, e.g. from app drawer, phone stops ringing.

I have the silent ring fix enabled, since I was getting no ring/silent ring prior to the 9 Jan update.

Samsung/Tmobile Vibrant running Onyx 4.2

Can you update to the latest version in the Market (currently 1.3.6)? This should be fixed now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mrwombat

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Bug and a gripe

I'm using this app (1.3.7) with a Fascinate, stock 2.1 update 1, dl09 build and since installing WhoIsIt my keyboard closes if I am inputting something while I receive an SMS. This has occurred several times while texting different or the same contact as the incoming message and I believe while using the browser (not 100% sure.)
I like the idea of the profiles but not having them tied to a scheduler, as I cannot maintain regular hours day to day and week to week. I would not have paid had I known this as there are other apps that do most everything else for free and the profiles and vip push made this worth the cost. My thought was the profiles would be selectable via Widgets or, in my preference, as options alongside the stock silent profile when pressing the power button.
Well done on a good app, though not quite perfect for me.

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm using this app (1.3.7) with a Fascinate, stock 2.1 update 1, dl09 build and since installing WhoIsIt my keyboard closes if I am inputting something while I receive an SMS. This has occurred several times while texting different or the same contact as the incoming message and I believe while using the browser (not 100% sure.)
I like the idea of the profiles but not having them tied to a scheduler, as I cannot maintain regular hours day to day and week to week. I would not have paid had I known this as there are other apps that do most everything else for free and the profiles and vip push made this worth the cost. My thought was the profiles would be selectable via Widgets or, in my preference, as options alongside the stock silent profile when pressing the power button.
Well done on a good app, though not quite perfect for me.

Download the latest version (1.3.9) and uncheck the "Touch To Silence" checkbox in the preferences. This will fix the issue where the keyboard closes when a message is received. You can still silence notifications by pressing the "Camera" button when setting the options this way.

Also, it doesn't sound like you checked out the widgets the I provide with WhoIsIt. The widgets will allow you to quickly switch profiles. There is a "Toggle" and a "Select" widget. The scheduler can also be used to activate profiles based on time / day of week.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

-Andy

mrwombat

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Download the latest version (1.3.9) and uncheck the "Touch To Silence" checkbox in the preferences. This will fix the issue where the keyboard closes when a message is received. You can still silence notifications by pressing the "Camera" button when setting the options this way.

Thanks for the fix!
My Fascinate doesn't have a camera button, and the power or volume buttons won't silence, but that is not an inconvenience to me personally.

Also, it doesn't sound like you checked out the widgets the I provide with WhoIsIt. The widgets will allow you to quickly switch profiles. There is a "Toggle" and a "Select" widget. The scheduler can also be used to activate profiles based on time / day of week.

You are correct. I just came from an iPhone this weekend and had no idea where to find the widget. I thought it would be from within the WhoIsIt app.
I did find it, and it is helpful, though I still miss the physical switch I could operate through my jeans without removing the iPhone from my pocket.

Hope that helps!

Very much so, thank you. 5 stars for you.

wardmt

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
WhoIsIt stops when making and receiving calls

Great App! But whenever I receive a call or make a call this message pops up.

"The application Whoisit (process com.handyandy.whoisit)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I then have an option to "Force Close" or "Report". Inorder to end a call or to use the keypad I have to choose an option.

Once this happens I have to restart WhoIsIt.

Is there a fix for this?

Droid 2
Running Android 2.2

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Great App! But whenever I receive a call or make a call this message pops up.

"The application Whoisit (process com.handyandy.whoisit)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I then have an option to "Force Close" or "Report". Inorder to end a call or to use the keypad I have to choose an option.

Once this happens I have to restart WhoIsIt.

Is there a fix for this?

Droid 2
Running Android 2.2

Are you running the latest version of WhoIsIt? I'm not able to reproduce this on my end with current version on the Market. Please let me know.

Thanks!

-Andy

ross607

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
voice announce problem

Hi Andy,

First thanks for all your work on the app, its great I'm just having one issue with it currently that I wasnt before and I cant pinpoint exactly when it started or what caused it.

Basically all my individual ringtones and notifications for various different people that I have set up are working great, what has stopped working is the voice announcement for the sms/gmail etc. It was working fine like a week or so ago, I'm not sure whether one of your recent updates has maybe caused this? the announcements are ticked on in default preferences and I have not changed anything in the settings from when it was working previously.

My phone is an HTC Desire and I have the latest version of WhoIsIt 1.5.1 -- maybe I should try total uninstall of app and re-install? is there anything else you think could be causing it?

thanks in advance

Ross

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi Andy,

First thanks for all your work on the app, its great I'm just having one issue with it currently that I wasnt before and I cant pinpoint exactly when it started or what caused it.

Basically all my individual ringtones and notifications for various different people that I have set up are working great, what has stopped working is the voice announcement for the sms/gmail etc. It was working fine like a week or so ago, I'm not sure whether one of your recent updates has maybe caused this? the announcements are ticked on in default preferences and I have not changed anything in the settings from when it was working previously.

My phone is an HTC Desire and I have the latest version of WhoIsIt 1.5.1 -- maybe I should try total uninstall of app and re-install? is there anything else you think could be causing it?

thanks in advance

Ross

Can you try checking both your default announcement settings as well as your contact-specific announcement settings? Maybe these are in conflict?

If that doesn't work, then maybe try uninstalling / re-installing.

Please let me know if that works. I only have a Droid X and Droid 2 to test on, and it seems to be working okay on those phones.

Thanks!

-Andy

ross607

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok tried various combinations of announcement settings - default preferences on only, contact specific off - default off then enabling contact specific announcements but nothing worked.

I completely removed the app and re-installed but still no joy.

Sorry Andy not sure what else to try, I just cant understand why everything else that I set in the app is working fine and not the voice... maybe I have an issue with the voice pack on my phone or something... I'll load google maps when I get chance and see if the voice is working for directions and report back. I guess the only other thing it could be is conflict with another app? I dont fancy removing every app one by one right now lol but I might try that if I get enough time :)

I'll let you know about the voice testing anyway, thanks again

Ross

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok tried various combinations of announcement settings - default preferences on only, contact specific off - default off then enabling contact specific announcements but nothing worked.

I completely removed the app and re-installed but still no joy.

Sorry Andy not sure what else to try, I just cant understand why everything else that I set in the app is working fine and not the voice... maybe I have an issue with the voice pack on my phone or something... I'll load google maps when I get chance and see if the voice is working for directions and report back. I guess the only other thing it could be is conflict with another app? I dont fancy removing every app one by one right now lol but I might try that if I get enough time :)

I'll let you know about the voice testing anyway, thanks again

Ross

I just published version 2.0 which adds many new features and bug fixes. Can you give this new version a try?

ross607

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
hey Andy... sorry meant to update you before now have just been tied up with other things. Good news is I think I discovered the problem and I have my voice announcement back working now.

I have an app called AlarmDroid which gives me a voice announcement along with music to wake up to as an alarm clock. Basically discovered it seems to be once this app plays the voice announcement that the announcements in whoisit stop working. I can however get them to work in your app again by turning the voice settings off and back on again via 2 profiles I created. (voice settings off / voice setting on)

I'm probably just gonna use the scheduler to apply those 2 profiles within a minute of each after my alarm has gone off so its fully automatic and I dont have to do apply the profiles manually everyday.. that should work well.

I have only just noticed the update on the market but haven't downloaded it yet... I will update and perhaps post a quick note back here to let you know if the update resolves my problem without having to do the profile trick.

Thanks again for your support andy

Cheers

Ross

GynormousMellon#AC

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Andy,

Having some trouble with notifications on Gmail. I'm running a Sprint EVO with Android 2.2 and the latest version of who is it, 2.3.

I have a night profile set up that kicks in at 9:30pm and only the ringer and alarm are active. Notification, media and system are unchecked. Radio button for ringer is set to normal.

When my night profile becomes active, I'm still getting email notifications in the middle of the night. I've turned off all notifications in Gmail and only Who is it controls my notifications. I've tried uninstalling who is it then reinstalling and recreating my profiles and schedule but still getting the middle of the night notifications.

Any ideas? By the way, this is an awesome program!!!!

Gynormous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888