Facebook emails w/ the Droid Browser

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Recently (the past week or so) when Facebook send my gmail account updates on Facebook (new comments, pokes, etc) they generally supply us with a weblink in the email so that we may link into our web browser and respond to the activity.

Well... in the past week, whenever I click on those links on my Droid, it seems to begin to link me into Facebook in the URL, but the page it loads is always blank (white page).

Is this just me, or everyone?

M

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, problem for me too.

are you all using the stock (not dolphin, not milestone) browser?

i was thinking it was due to me using the milestone browser...

but most likely it's yet another problem on facebook's end. i swear to god, it's like they hire trained idiots to code for them.

Just a Guy

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Actually if you get the same emails as me it says that you can reply to the message on facebook by replying to the email......

Sounds odd, but it actually works.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
that works fine, but when you get a message and need to see that message thread (or reply to it, as the reply to the email feature only works for comments right now) then you have to click the link to get to the mobile site since the fb app SUCKS. and now the mobile site is broken.

i wish something would replace facebook already.

dontera

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I experience the exact same thing. I was using Dolphin browser when I first noticed it, so I switched back to stack and it still happened. Doesn't happen with every notification email, just usually the one I really want to read.

Also, the Facebook app itself never seems to update the notifications on it's "schedule". I have it set to every hour but it never actually does it. Anyone else?

Soph

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
back to normal

that works fine, but when you get a message and need to see that message thread (or reply to it, as the reply to the email feature only works for comments right now) then you have to click the link to get to the mobile site since the fb app SUCKS. and now the mobile site is broken.

i wish something would replace facebook already.

yeah, my phone had the same problem days ago. but not that bad, now the mobile site is back to normal .i click the links and can successfully see and reply comments .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang