Ringtones are silent in 2.8

abanytime

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have Whoisit Pro 2.8 on an HTC Thunderbolt. In contacts, I have set ringtones and custom vibrations for email, SMS/MMS and phone calls using Whoisit. The default ringtones for the phone are not set to silent. The phone's volume is set. I have set notifications to silent in gmail and Go SMS (the SMS/MMS app I'm using). I have not set any profiles up in Whoisit.

Hopefully, I'm missing something simple but the ringtones do not play. The vibration patterns play correctly but no sounds. This applies to both announcements and the contact ringtones.

Anybody have any ideas about this? I've tried to look and other than one review at the market haven't seen any mention of it.

Thanks for any help. No activity here for a couple weeks but hopefully someone is listenting.

Ncruze

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I knew it wasnt just me!

I noticed the same thing. I have a general ringer for everyone but under my "Work" profile, when the phone rings, it announces the caller, vibrate but no ringtone...When i go under my phone settings under sound, i notice the incoming call volume has been lowered to silent. Seems that phone calls are automatically triggering the silent feature of Whoisit. NOT GOOD

thirdeye00

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i just download the pro verison and its doing the same thing to me. I make another post on this by mistake. Have any of you figure how to fix this problem?

chiprab#AC

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Same issue for me!

My VIP ringtones aren't working!! I depend on this program.......how can i get the older, working version 2.8? Please?

Andy, where are you?

Aerysana

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have used and loved this app forever, however now all of the sudden I have no ringtones for anything and no vibrate. Seriously. People would like answers. I myself would be happy just knowing the developer is working on a solution. I'm about to uninstall. I would seriously not recommend this app at this point due to no response from developer. I have. A phone and would like it to function. This app no longer functions for its primary purpose of managing ringtones. Help would be appreciated.

rooted dinc, cm7

Ncruze

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, similar to the problem i had. I uninstalled it and never looked back. Never got an official response from the developer. If it was a free app then it wouldnt be a big deal. But when you pay for something of course you wouldnt expect it to be perfect but at least get some type of feedback. So i would recommend leaving a negative rating on the market.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
Are there any other apps that will allow certain contacts to ring even when I have my phone set to silent? I'm a truck driver and need to stay in contact with family, but don't want other calls to get thru.

Like everyone else, I have the same problem.

I did notice that when I put my phone in silent mode none of my contacts ring, not even the VIP's.

Then when I undo silent mode, all sounds stay muted. This only happens when I have whoisit installed.:'(

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
Half of a yipee. I've figured most of it out. Using profiles to control the ringers.

Only problem now is that Whoisit won't save any of my profiles, nor will it save the configurations.

So after a reboot, I have to redo my profiles.

Anybody know how to fix this?

netengineer

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My VIP settings are set, I have a Silent, A Vibrate, and a Normal profile. My VIPs use to work when I had it set to vibrate or silent. No mater what I would get the call. Now id does not work.

Is there a fix?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888