Ring AND Announce calls

rymo

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Running WhoIsIt paid version 2.8 on Evo, I want my phone to announce callers AND play the default ringer for all contacts not otherwise configured.

Under Menu, Preferences I have a "Default Phone Ringtone" set, I've checked "Handle Unknown Callers" and specified an "Unknown Caller Ringtone". But if I have "Announce Phone Calls" checked here, the phone will NOT play this default ringtone, only the voice announcement and vibration. If I turn off announcements here and in the profile set "Phone Call Announcements" to "Enable for all contacts" I get the same thing: announcement, vibrate, no ringtone. For the phone to ring on unconfigured contacts the profile must be set to Use default or Disable, and the Default Preferences screen must have Announcements unchecked - only then will the default ringer play, with no announcement.

Am I missing something or is this flat out broken? I really want an announcement plus ringtone! Please help! Thanks.

rymo

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Update: just received a call from an Unknown Caller, it vibrated, did the voice announcement, then played a few seconds of my ringer (a 2 minute mp3), then back to vibrating only. Does this make any sense? How do I fix it?