Best SMS/Chrome extension combo?

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping that google voice/sprint combo would be great, but sadly, it rings 4 or 5 times for the caller before it ever rings on my evo, and most of the time, I miss the call completely, and it goes right to voice mail.

The main feature I enjoyed with google voice was the chrome extension which enabled me to send/receive sms text messages right in the browser.

I am trying mysms.com which has an android / chrome app (but not a extension), and it seems pretty good, but I'm just wondering what the best solution is for this?

Thanks,
Mike

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I am trying mysms.com which has an android / chrome app (but not a extension), and it seems pretty good, but I'm just wondering what the best solution is for this?
Qualify exactly what you mean by best, otherwise it's fairly meaningless as it's highly subjective. What's most important to you? What features are you looking for? Is it important to use your existing number? Etc etc.

I was hoping that google voice/sprint combo would be great, but sadly, it rings 4 or 5 times for the caller before it ever rings on my evo, and most of the time, I miss the call completely, and it goes right to voice mail.
How was GV set up? It shouldn't take 4 or 5 rings on the caller's end for your phone to ring.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
As for "Best", I guess my requirements are pretty much a reliable service which has a chrome extension (like GV) where I can easily send/receive text messages from the extension (without necessarily opening a separate web page). I'd want the android app to be reliable and not crash, or take up a huge amount of memory (I'm running kind of low lately).

As to google voice, I did not have screening enabled. My GV # was my sprint cell phone number. Sometimes it worked ok, but frequently I'd miss calls all together. I did find other people complaining of the same thing, so I don't think it's a misconfiguration on my part.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech