Have you ever used Line or WhatsApp? Why are they most attractive to you?

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I've used WhatsApp before, it was a pretty solid messaging app, feature rich, the last time I used it. I've never used Line, though!

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I use WhatsApp every now and then. I like the encryption and the ability to send larger pictures/videos than allowed by SMS/MMS.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
WhatsApp is usually where everybody's at.

Would definitely have preferred if WA used a PIN system (like BBM) instead of phone numbers.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp became popular around the world because long after US carriers stopped charging outrageous fees for each text message, that was still the case nearly everywhere else. WhatsApp allowed people to "text" over a data connection, basically for free.

Likewise, I started using WhatsApp with my family eight years ago because my new job came with an office in the center of the building where I had zero cell signal and texting was impossible. But I did have free Wi-Fi and, at the time WhatsApp was about the only app that could take advantage of that too allow me to communicate with my wife and son from my office.

Foxchat

May 29, 2020
Visit site
WhatsApp became popular around the world because long after US carriers stopped charging outrageous fees for each text message, that was still the case nearly everywhere else. WhatsApp allowed people to "text" over a data connection, basically for free.

Likewise, I started using WhatsApp with my family eight years ago because my new job came with an office in the center of the building where I had zero cell signal and texting was impossible. But I did have free Wi-Fi and, at the time WhatsApp was about the only app that could take advantage of that too allow me to communicate with my wife and son from my office.

As far as I know, whatapp is still very popular now.