Why can't I have a Facebook avatar?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What exactly do you mean by "Facebook avatar"? Are you talking about a profile pic in Facebook? Or are you talking about the app icon on your phone?

I moved this to the Facebook forum for more specific traffic.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What exactly do you mean by "Facebook avatar"? Are you talking about a profile pic in Facebook? Or are you talking about the app icon on your phone?

I moved this to the Facebook forum for more specific traffic.

Facebook recently released an avatar feature similar to the old bitstrips feature or snapchat's current bitmoji features. It's basically a cartoon you create to look like you or however you want and you can use it to express different emotions and reactions instead of standard emojis.

I think it's been rolled out in stages, I recently quit using Facebook but it launched about a month ago and only some of my friends had access to it while others didn't yet. Updating the Facebook app seemed to make no difference and it's possible it went to iOS first like some of Facebooks other features like the 3d photos.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ah, thanks for the info. Facebook is notorious for testing out new features and layouts to only certain users, and sometimes only on certain devices for the same user, so this would not be surprising.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
If your Comments bar on Facebook doesn't have the left icon, you don't have the necessary update yet.

20200619_061633.jpgScreenshot_20200619-062107_Facebook.jpg

Last edited: