Any news of a facebook update for android? Compared to the iphone app ours is really poor.
    04-21-2010 12:46 PM
    yet still functional. i'm okay with it
    04-21-2010 12:49 PM
    Any news of a facebook update for android? Compared to the iphone app ours is really poor.
    +1 ours is moderately functional compared to it!!
    04-21-2010 01:33 PM
    Just use the Facebook web site instead.
    04-21-2010 02:20 PM
    Just use the Facebook web site instead.
    That's what everyone says, and it's not exactly what most want.

On my BB, I was updated when I'd receive a notification. Of course it used an email system but It would delete the emails from the server when i'd get the notification on the phone.

I really don't want to have to open my gmail app, then follow a link to the mobile site when it could easily be all wrapped into one application. it's very annoying.
    The fact that I was getting a real Notification from my phone and not the email, was excellent.

The UI on the facebook app is awesome. But not having an inbox & real notifications that I don't have to manually look for would make it amazing.
    04-21-2010 03:31 PM
    That's what everyone says, and it's not exactly what most want.

On my BB, I was updated when I'd receive a notification. Of course it used an email system but It would delete the emails from the server when i'd get the notification on the phone.

I really don't want to have to open my gmail app, then follow a link to the mobile site when it could easily be all wrapped into one application. it's very annoying.
    The fact that I was getting a real Notification from my phone and not the email, was excellent.

The UI on the facebook app is awesome. But not having an inbox & real notifications that I don't have to manually look for would make it amazing.

Not only would inbox, chat, and notifications be great, but also sharing pics and video as well as links/website. The current way it's set up, if you want to share a pic you take on FB, it takes you to the web site. It would be great if the app opened and allowed you to share links or pics directly on the app. Just like the majority of FREE twitter apps as well as the Buzz app allows you to do. Get with 2010 Facebook.
    04-21-2010 06:42 PM
    theres a few things I want..

1. I want notifications to work
    2. I want the notifications click through to go right to the comment in the application not out to the mobile web.

3. I want to be able to save profiles like the iphone application you can save specific peoples profiles for a quick link to them.
    4. Facebook chat would be nice to have.
    04-21-2010 07:22 PM
    Anyone in this thread know of a way to upload videos from the Droid directly to Facebook? The Palm Pre Plus can do this. I notice Facebook is not an option when I select "Share" for videos I have captured with the Droid.
    04-29-2010 04:34 PM
    Yea the facebook app sucks hard... I want an update.
    Agastya likes this.
    04-30-2010 05:34 PM
    i actually like this fb app over the bb fb app cause its 100X faster
    04-30-2010 06:57 PM
    I cant see my inbox for new messages, and i can't facebook chat so its worthless to me
    05-01-2010 01:23 AM
    This app sucks so bad in comparison to the iPhone app! Developers need to step it up. I'm tired of being shuttled off to mobile web when I click certain things in the FB app. That's insanely ridiculous.
    05-07-2010 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD