Free App To Block Numbers/Texts Not From 'Contact List'...

Angie Rose Elizabeth

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
I hope this isn't already posted (I did look, as best as I could), but is there a free app that blocks ALL calls/texts from reaching your phone who are NOT in your 'Contact List'? If so...does it block non-contacts, completely, where they can't leave a voice-mail message, either?

I've an HTC 10 and I know it's probably very much outdated, but I'm waiting for an upgrade to be available at no cost (hopefully).

Angie Rose Elizabeth

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, didn't know you had replied back so soon, I was never notified and I have it set where I should be. :'(

It blocks numbers, but it doesn't prohibit voice-mail. If someone who's not in my contacts calls me, I don't want them to be able to leave a voice-mail, but somehow, have it tell the caller, "Sorry, this person isn't available, right now" or something like that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, didn't know you had replied back so soon, I was never notified and I have it set where I should be. :'(

It blocks numbers, but it doesn't prohibit voice-mail. If someone who's not in my contacts calls me, I don't want them to be able to leave a voice-mail, but somehow, have it tell the caller, "Sorry, this person isn't available, right now" or something like that.
No problem!

In the phone app settings you have them blocked or DND?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
It blocks numbers, but it doesn't prohibit voice-mail.

The problem here is that the standard definition of "blocked/rejected" is "sent to voicemail without ringing the phone".

However, this is where some third-party apps can come in for doing what is needed to prevent the call from going to voicemail. Unfortunately, I have never looked for any of these apps since I don't need one, thus I cannot make any recommendations.

Angie Rose Elizabeth

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
The problem here is that the standard definition of "blocked/rejected" is "sent to voicemail without ringing the phone".

However, this is where some third-party apps can come in for doing what is needed to prevent the call from going to voicemail. Unfortunately, I have never looked for any of these apps since I don't need one, thus I cannot make any recommendations.

That's totally understandable, though, and I thank you for your time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463