I'd like to find a good vnc type program where I can access my computer over my home network and maybe the internet. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-07-2011 05:55 PM
    I currently use Android-VNC-Viewer. It works pretty swell, even over 3G, but connection is dodgy sometimes. Your mileage may vary.

If anyone else has better suggestions, I'm all ears. (I know there are quite a few out there)
    07-08-2011 02:18 PM
    I tried Android-VNC-Viewer. Didn't care for it.

I decided to give TeamViewer a try and I love it. You have to install a piece on your PC/laptop (but this is no different than having to install a VNC server on your PC/laptop for any other VNC viewer. The interface is pretty slick and professional looking and the connection is very smooth. Being free doesn't hurt either.
    07-08-2011 02:39 PM
    +1 for TeamViewer. Free for personal use. Works extremely well on my TBolt via LTE. I used RDM+ on my BB before this and an e-mail to them got a response that they are working on porting it to Android. I hope they do and they keep the full functionality. I'd be willing to use RDM+ again if they ever get a version out.
    07-08-2011 04:24 PM
    Sorry for the slow reply. I have downloaded the team viewer on the phone and still need to on the PC. How hard is it to get working? I mainly want wifi access so I can control my media and a couple other things from other parts of the home.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-09-2011 07:44 AM
    The TeamViewer setup is very easy. When you get the client for your PC there are easy to follow instructions with screen shots on their web site.
    07-09-2011 01:49 PM
    The TeamViewer setup is very easy. When you get the client for your PC there are easy to follow instructions with screen shots on their web site.
    Agreed. No more difficult to setup than a VNC server.
    07-09-2011 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD