Skype mobile.

Ilyasviel

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
So, I've tried searching over and over again and I can't find a faq or even a mention of the problem I'm experiencing. Maybe I'm just missing a very blatant thing here, but I'm asking to see if anybody else has the same issue or any way to resolve it. Bare with me.

Got skype mobile when it was released (verzion one) and everything seems to be working ok, messages are fine, receiving calls is fine, but I can't, for the life of me, make a skype-to-skype call. It'll ring twice, then go to a "Sorry, this number can't be reached" message. I've had a friend call me, and it worked fine, but after I hung up, I couldn't call him back. The number is the same both ways, except for a '1' in front of the 404 code. Perhaps that is the issue? Not entirely sure why it would be, but even if it was, I can't figure out a way to modify it.

Any help whatsoever?

Oh, and again, if I'm just missing the forest through the trees here, then excuse me.

rjf111

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
...The number is the same both ways, except for a '1' in front of the 404 code. Perhaps that is the issue? Not entirely sure why it would be, but even if it was, I can't figure out a way to modify it...

The 1 is the country code for the US of A. Sometimes you have to put a + in front of it (ex. +1404xxxxxxx). Have you tried that? Or, if it is there, have you tried removing it?

Ilyasviel

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
When I get called from a skype number, its the same number that I called minus the 1 in front. I haven't tried adding the +, but if the country code is the problem, I haven't found a way to remove it. Little annoying to have to dial it by hand every time I want to make a skype call. Is there anyway to modify skype numbers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678