Just picked up a great Pixel 3XL deal in great condition.. but ive found that Music Players are burning through the battery. I was using PlayerPro, but it was using about 20-30% of the battery in one night.. same with PowerAmp.. yet now in 2020.. this phone has great battery life on everything else

Google Play Music was awesome and lightweight on Battery..

Can anyone recommend a nice lightweight player which is good on battery on 3XL .. how is YT Music on here?

Thanks All
    12-14-2020 12:06 PM
    The "on here" part is irrelevant - an app has the same kind of battery usage on any phone. But ... the more features that get added over time, the higher the battery usage. (And the louder you play the music, the more the battery usage.) Battery usage of music players is about the same as Android battery usage in general - it so depends on the user that the app I may find uses the least battery, you may find uses the most. (Say, an app eats more power when playing bass sounds - and I play a lot of organ music, with somber tones - it would use more battery for me than for someone playing a lot of high-pitched music.)
    12-14-2020 12:18 PM
    I've always liked Mortplayer Music, but it's been a long time since I've used a music player for locally stored files.
    12-19-2020 07:52 PM